Chapter 8

Caithlyn finally pulled up by the raptor area.
Owen and Barry were talking out front.

"Shit." She mumbled to herself. Owen was going to be mad, that she was late on her first day, so sje quickly jumped out of the car and walked towards them.
Barry walked off and Owen slowly approached her.

"I'm sorry I'm late." She said insecurely.

"Let me guess. You went to check on the eggs?" Owen asked smirking, making Caithlyn sigh in relieve.

"Yeah." She chuckled making Owen laugh.

"Come on. Let's train some raptors." He said smiling, gesturing her to follow him.

They walked up the stairs and out on the catwalk. Owen whistled and the raptors showed up.

The raptors were bickering and snapping at each other as they stood there waiting.

"Hey! Hey!" Owen yelled, trying to get their attention.

He finally managed to get them under control and then started to move them around. He praised them and then dismissed them.

Delta, Charlie and Echo ran off but Blue had her focus on Caithlyn. She tilted her head and kept her eyes on her, before she ran off a moment later.

Caithlyn looked confused over at Owen.

"What does that mean?" She asked curiously.

"I don't know." Owen said confused.

They walked down the stairs together.

"Thanks for letting me watch." Caithlyn said smiling as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Anytime." Owen said smiling.

Owen walked off to talk with Barry, giving her time to write down some notes.

Owen came back as she was busy writing in her notebook. "Do you want to say hi to the girls?" He asked, making her look confused at him. She hesitantly stood up and walked with him into the small enclosure in the front of the building.

The raptors were placed there with a muzzle on. Barry were already there, petting Delta.

Owen opened the gate for Caithlyn as she looked up at him and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm right behind you." He said softly. His words made her feel safe as she slowly walked into the cage.

She instantly felt Blue's eyes on her.

"Can I touch them?" She asked looking back at him.
He nodded in response.

She slowly walked up to Echo and gently placed her hand on her head. She seemed nerveous, because her breathing accelerated.

"Just keep your position." Owen said as he walked up behind her and placed one hand on her side and his other hand on Echo.
He was so close that she could feel his warm breath on her neck

She felt nervous, having him that close to her.

She took a deep breath and stroke Echo again. This time she relaxed more.

Suddenly Blue growled making both Owen and Caithlyn turn their heads in her direction.

"I think someone wants to say hello." Owen said smiling Caithlyn looked up at him and his beautiful green eyes. His hand were still lingering at her side.
They just stood like that for a few moments, just looking intensely in each others eyes.

She cleared her throat and unwrapped herself from his grasp as she walked towards Blue. She heard Owen's footsteps behind her as she walked up beside Blue.

"Hey there girl." Caithlyn said as she gently stroke her head, making her growl softly.

Caithlyn smiled excitedly at Owen who stood at the other side of Blue.

"She likes you." He said smiling.