Chapter 37

Caithlyn followed Owen back to the others, a bit annoyed by his actions.

Owen sat down and pulled her into his lap and wrapped a blanket around her.
He carefully wrapped his arms around her waist, placing his hand on her belly. It was definitely on purpose.

She carefully placed her hand on his, and laced their fingers.

Owen smiled softly at her and gave her a soft kiss. His kisses still gave her butterflies.

She couldn't help but smile, as she imagined Owen as a father.
But she couldn't allow herself to hope for it. She would just get disappointed.

They had a lovely evening with their friends and co-workers.

Owen gave everyone the next day off, mostly because he wanted to take Caithlyn to a doctor.

After all the guest left, they cleaned up and went to bed.

When Caithlyn woke up the next morning Owen wasn't in bed, so she grabbed one of his shirts from the closet, and walked out into the kitchen, where he was preparing breakfast.

She slowly walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him. Owen wrapped his free arm around her and held her close to his side.

"Good morning sunshine." He whispered smirking.

He was making pancakes - Caithlyn's favorite.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked, looking serious.

"I feel good today." She answered smiling cheerfully.

"Good." Owen said smiling.

She placed another kiss on his cheek before she went to the bathroom.

"I got you an appointment at 11." Owen said as she walked back into the kitchen, making her look confused at him.

"I want you to see a doctor." Owen said serious.

She didn't want to fight him on this, so she just sat down and nodded.

"Can we please stop by the valley, on the way? I want to check on the girls." Caithlyn asked.

"Sure." Owen said smiling, taking another bite of his pancake.

After breakfast she went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Suddenly the door opened and Owen stepped in.
"Hey." She said a bit surprised. Owen just smirked and laughed before he pulled her closer to him. He just looked so damn sexy.

After their shower they got ready and drove off towards the main part of the park, where the clinic was. It was mainly there for the visitors.

They stopped by Caithlyn's training facility, in the valley on the way. The girls were happy to see her and Owen too.

"Hey, you little thief." Owen said as he petted Trixie, making Caithlyn chuckle as they all gathered around Owen and tried to get his attention.

"You have to have sharper teeth and claws, if you want to impress this one." Caithlyn said jokingly to Trixie as she her, making Owen laugh from her comment.

"We should get going." Caithlyn said, smiling weakly at him. Owen nodded, before he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the car.

Her heart pounded like crazy is they sat in the her room. Owen grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze, to calm her.

"Caithlyn?" A young nurse asked, as she walked into the waiting room.

Owen and Caithlyn shared a look before they both got up.

"The doctor is ready for you." The nurse said smiling, gesturing them to follow her.

The doctor greeted them and asked them to sit down.

"So, why are you here today?" He asked.

"I've been experiencing dizziness, nauseau and headache the last couple of days.
I believe it's just a flu, but Owen kept worrying about me." Caithlyn explained, smiling at Owen.

"Could you be pregnant?" The doctor asked.

Caithlyn shrugged.

"I was told, that I couldn't have children, at least not in a natural way, so I don't think so." Caithlyn answered smiling weakly.

"Let's do a test anyway." The doctor said smiling, before he got up and walked to a cabinet. He came back with a test in his hand.