Chapter 69

The doctor quickly ran some tests.

Owen never left my side. He just kept holding my hand, and left small kisses on my knuckles.

I got another cramp, making me whimper and curl up in pain. Owen shared a concerned look with Barry, who stood in the corner, before he gently stroke my damp hair. "It hurts." I whimpered. "I know, baby. I know." Owen whispered soothingly.

"I think I'm bleeding." I said in panic, as the pain relieved a bit.

The nurse quickly came to my side and removed the blanket they covered me with, revealing a small amount of blood between my legs.

"No, no, no." I said crying in panic.

"Hey. Bleeding in the first trimester is pretty normal, right?" Owen said, looking questioningly over at the nurse. She nodded and smiled in response.

"See, no need to worry, okay?" Owen said reassuringly, gently wiping a tear away with his thumb. He was just the best. He was just as scared and worried as myself, but he managed to be there for me and calm me down.

"The doctor will soon be back with your results." She said, before she walked off to another patient.

After a while, the pain started to relieve and I could relax a bit more.

"Are you feeling better?" Owen asked gently stroking my hair. I nodded and smiled weakly.

The doctor finally came back. Both Owen and I quickly turned our eyes towards him, and waited for him to tell us what was going on.

He told us, that my body was reacting to all of the stress and that I would be fine, I just needed to take it easy and get some rest.

"What about the baby?" I asked concerned, placing a hand on my belly.

"I'll have to make an ultrasound." He answered. I looked worriedly at Owen, who gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Our baby is fine." He said reassuringly, but I wasn't convinced.