Chapter 39

They both walked inside for a while, so that Caithlyn could rest for a bit.

Some time later Owen walked in and sat down on the bed, beside her.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned, gently stroking her hair, while she was just staring into the ceiling.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a bit shocked." She admitted, as she sat up next to him. Owen nodded in understanding.
"We'll be fine, okay?" He said softly, before he pulled her closer to him.

"I'm going to check up on the raptors. I'll be back soon." He said placing a soft kiss on her forehead, before he got back up.

"I'm coming with you." Caithlyn said following him out of bed.
"No." Owen said turning around to face her.

"Uh-uh. You're not pulling that one off.
You can't keep me away from the animals, the next 9 months." Caithlyn said frustrated.

"But you could get hurt. Our baby could get hurt." Owen protested making Caithlyn sigh.

"I'll be careful. And it's not like I'm unexperienced around the dinosaurs." She argued.

Owen sighed and wrapped his arms around her, finally giving up.

"I'll be careful. I promise." She said into his warm comforting chest.

"Okay." He sighed. "But I'm still not happy about you working with dinosaurs in your condition." He said pulling her even closer to him.

"Come on. Let's go." He said smiling as he pulled away.

By the time they arrived at the raptor paddock, Barry were already there, having the girls muzzled up in the cage.

"Hey Barry." Caithlyn said happily as she walked towards the cage together with Owen.

"Hey, you two." Barry greeted, smiling at them both.

Caithlyn pushed the button by habit, to open the door to the cage. She was about to walk in, as Owen grabbed her wrist stopping her.

"You're not going in there." He said like it was a big deal.

"Knock it off, Owen. I did this many times, over the last couple of weeks and many times before that, so you're not going to stop me from doing it now." Caithlyn hissed before she roughly freed herself from his grip.

She walked directly to Blue and stroke her head. Blue groaned quietly, sniffing at her.

"Hey, girl." Caithlyn greeted her softly smiling from ear to ear.

Barry looked confused between Owen and Caithlyn, before she sighed knowing that she needed to explain.

"We just found out, that I'm pregnant and Owen won't let me come near the dinosaurs." Caithlyn said frustrated.

"Are you serious?" Barry asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I'm pregnant." She said chuckling happily from seeing his excitement. Barry quickly walked up to her and pulled her into a hug, laughing.

Owen walked closer to them , smiling widely. He and Barry hugged too. Owen looked so happy and proud, that Caithlyn heart almost melted.

She went on a round between the four raptors, and petted them, before they let them go so Owen could train with them.

A lot of thoughts went through her mind as she watched Owen train the raptors.

She needed a moment to herself, so she slowly walked down the stairs and walked to the edge of the mountain they were on. It was so beautiful there.

She sat down and just let the thoughts flow.

Suddenly she felt a presence behind her, making her look. It was Barry.

He sat down beside her, without saying anything at first. They just looked out on the water for a while.

"What's on your mind?" He asked softly, keeping his eyes on the water.

"It's just a big thing. Having a child, you know? I don't know if we're ready."  Caithlyn explained with a sigh.

"I have seen you both around the raptors and your dinosaurs. You are ready." Barry said softly, smiling at her.

"I have never seen Owen so happy or excited. Not even when the raptors hatched." Barry said, making Caithlyn chuckle.