Chapter 19

Caithlyn drove to the care station where she should meet with Claire, Mr. Masrani and the investors.

The babies were sleeping as she walked up to them and gently petted them.

"Please behave today." She whispered to them before she quickly straightened her dress and took a deep breath, to calm herself down.

The clock passed 4 and Claire walked in.

"Are you ready?" She asked, making Caithlyn nodd in response.

"Good. And I see you found something nice to wear." Claire said, standing beside Caithlyn, looking straight ahead, making Caithlyn roll her eyes in annoyance.

Mr. Masrani and the investors finally arrived and they all greeted politely.

Caithlyn presented her plan while they looked at the babies.
Barry was right about Mr. Masrani. He really cared about the animals, and he liked her idea, about them living in the valley, with the other dinosaurs. But Claire wasn't pleased about the idea.

They all went to the office building where Claire and Caithlyn presented their plans.

The investors were thrilled. They were in, so Caithlyn would get her own training facility near the valley.

Caithlyn was walking down the hall by herself after the meeting, as she suddenly saw Owen walking in her direction. He was probably there to pick up Claire.

She smiled at him as they stopped in front of each other.
"Hey." They both said softly, not really sure what more to say.

"How was the meeting?" Owen asked.

"It went really well. We'll get our own training facility near the valley." Caithlyn said smiling excitedly.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you!" Owen said before he pulled her into a hug, making her chuckle happily.

"I guess Caithlyn told you the good news." Claire said behind them, forcing a smile.

Mr. Masrani and one of the investors walked up beside them too.

"Caithlyn, would you like to join John and I, for dinner?" Mr. Masrani suggested, looking between her and the young investor.

"I would love to." She said smiling. She didn't really want to, but it was good for business and she had nothing better to do.

"Let's go then." John said as he placed his hand on Caithlyn's lower back leading her away, making her heart jump.

"See you tomorrow Owen." Caithlyn said smiling, as they walked past him.
"See you." He said smiling.

What she didn't know, was that Owen was boiling of rage. He didn't want anyone else touching her.

Caithlyn shot one last look back at Owen as he and Claire walked off in the other direction.

Did he really wear boardshorts on a date with Claire? Oh my.
Caithlyn thought to herself.

She wouldn't mind, she thought he looked great in everything, but she wasn't sure Claire would see it that way.

She went to a really fancy restaurant with Mr. Masrani and John.

They talked a bit more about her dinosaurs and her work with Owen and the raptors.
It was hard for her to talk about Owen, knowing that he was on a date with Claire.
Mr. Masrani and John, were both really nice and easy to talk to, so the time passed quickly.

It was pretty late as the group split up.

When she was finally alone, all of the feelings she had kept back all day, came out.
She just sat in her car and cried her eyes out, picturing Owen and Claire together and even more tears streamed down her face.

She felt restless, so she decided to go check on the raptors.