Chapter 66

We quickly ran to the control center and picked up Lowery.

We found a car and drove towards the safe area on the island, where all the people were waiting for the boats.
We were too many people, to actually fit into the car so I had Gray on my lap.

"Why was she sniffing at your belly?" Zach asked confused.

I looked over at Owen, who were driving and smiled.

"I think she senses, that I'm pregnant." I answered, smiling at Zach.

He thought for a moment.

"That kid is going to have some really badass parents." Zach said in complete amazement, looking between Owen and I.

I couldn't help but chuckle, as I looked over at Owen who were smirking as he drove.

I frantically looked around for Barry as we walked into the building. Most of the people were already evacuated from the island, but there was still a huge crowd of people.

Owen quickly grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me directly in the eyes.

"Caithlyn, I need you to sit down and relax, okay?" Owen said before his eyes wandered down to my belly.

"I'll look for Barry." He said looking straight into my eyes again.

He looked over at Claire before he walked off.

"Come on." Claire said before she grabbed me by my shoulders and guided me towards a seat.

Zach and Gray sat down next to me. Gray carefully reached for my hand, which I happily accepted and took his hand in mine.

The adrenaline was still pumping and I just felt numb. If I would let myself feel something in that moment, I would break down.

I was so worried that Barry didn't make it back and my eyes were searching frantically through the crowd.

"He'll find him." Gray said looking up at me. I nodded and smiled at him, as I gently stroke his hair.

In the meantime, Claire was on the phone, probably talking to her sister.

I curled up in my seat and closed my eyes with Claire and the boys beside me.

Suddenly I heard two very familiar voices chatter in the distance.
I quickly opened my eyes and sat up straight, with my eyes searching for them.

I finally spotted them and jumped from my seat, unwrapping myself from the blanket Claire got me, and sprinted off towards them.

I crashed into Barry's chest, so hard that he almost lost his balance. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around me. "I was so worried about you." I sobbed into his chest.

"I'm okay." He said reassuringly, as he gently stroke my hair.

"What about you? I heard you stopped Echo and Delta from attacking you in the car." He said softly.

I took a step back and looked between Barry and Owen.
"Yeah." I said quietly.

"I'll go and check on the others." Barry said looking over at Owen. I nodded, before we hugged again.

I watched him walk away before I turned to Owen.

He slowly took a step closer, as he looked directly into my eyes. I felt all of the emotions wash over me, as we stood there.