Chapter 27

Owen and Barry walked into the office to look at some paperwork, while the intern and Caithlyn walked out of the cage and let the four raptors go.

The intern, named Kevin walked up to Caithlyn again, as she was just watching the raptors go. He just didn't get a hint.

Caithlyn was about to walk away as he grabbed her wrist, while he placed his other hand on her hip and tried pulling her closer.

"Let me go." Caithlyn hissed offended.

"Come on. I know you want it." He said smirking.

"Let me go." She repeated, just louder this time.

"Hey!" Owen yelled angrily, storming towards them with Barry on his heels.

Kevin quickly let go of her and took a few steps back, before Owen roughly and angrily grabbed him by the collar.

"If I ever see you near her again, I will beat your sorry ass." Owen hissed furious.

Kevin nodded frantically.

"I didn't know, she was with you." He stammered.

Owen finally let him go and turned to Caithlyn as Kevin quickly wandered off.
Barry smirked at them before he walked up the stairs to the catwalk leaving them alone.

"Are you okay?" Owen asked concerned, gently touching her cheek.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She said smiling reassuringly at him.

He rested his forehead against hers, before he spoke.

"I don't want anyone else to touch you. You're mine." He whispered, making her smile before she kissed him.

"I'm yours." She said softly before she  kissed him again, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Owen and Caithlyn had been dating for a couple of months now and it had been the happiest months of her life.

They spend every free moment together and they did everything together. And Owen was just amazing in every single way.

One day they were staying at her place. Owen gave her a quickly soft kiss, before he carefully walked out of the bedroom to get ready for work early.

Caithlyn slept for another hour, before she had to get up. She quickly got dressed and went to the kitchen, to prepare breakfast, where she found a note on the refrigerator.

- "I made breakfast. I love you."

Caithlyn couldn't help but chuckle to herself, before she grabbed the bowl with fresh fruit in the refrigerator, that Owen had prepared for her.

She sat down at the dinner table and watched the beautiful view over the park, before another note caught her eye.

-"You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

He often placed small notes for her, around the apartment. It was the sweetest thing ever and he really made her feel special.

After breakfast she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and do her hair, where she found another note placed on the mirror.

-"You're so beautiful. I love you."

She found one last note, next to her keys as she was about to leave for work.

-"Have a nice day. See you later. I love and miss you."

She quickly pulled out her phone and texted Owen.

"Thank you, for being you. I love you so much." She texted before she headed out the door, to go the new training facility. It wasn't quite finished yet, but it was usable, so she worked there with the gentle herbivores for a couple of hours.

She had a hard time concentrating on the work. She missed Owen, so she decided to go to the raptor paddock a bit early than planned.

Owen was working with the raptors as she pulled up in her car. He soon noticed her and then hurried down the stairs towards her.

"Hey! You're early today." He yelled halfway down the stairs.

"I missed you." She said smirking, as she hurried to him.

"Oh, did you really?" Owen said in his usual teasing tone, before he pulled her closer to him.

"Yeah." She said smirking, gently touching his chest.

Owen carefully leaned down and kissed her passionately, making a happy chuckle escape her lips against his.