Chapter 35

After everyone had congratulated them, they decided to finish up for the day and then celebrate later in the evening at Owen's place .

Owen quickly got off his bike, as Caithlyn pulled up next to his trailer in her car.

She had just closed the car door and turned to him, before he grabbed her by her hips and lifted her into the air, spinning her around, making her giggle happily.

Owen carefully placed her back on the ground and cupped her face between his hands before he kissed her and rested his forehead against hers.

"You make me so happy." He whispered, locking his eyes with hers. Caithlyn smiled and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

Suddenly starting to feel dizzy again, she grabbed a tighter hold on Owen. He immediately noticed something was wrong.
"Hey, are you okay?" He asked concerned gently stroking her cheek.

"Yeah, just a bit dizzy." She answered smiling weakly.

Owen quickly picked her up, bridal style and carried her inside, to his bedroom.

He carefully placed her on the bed. "You don't have to do that. I'm not crippled." She protested as he pulled her boots off.

"No, but I want to." He said before he placed her legs back on the bed, forcing her to lay down.

"Get some rest." Owen said before he placed a soft kiss on her forehead and left the bedroom.

Caithlyn was really tired after everything that had happened that day, so she quickly drifted off to sleep. 

Some time later she woke up and felt really sick, making her jump out of bed and storm to the bathroom.

"Babe, are you okay?" She heard Owen yell from the kitchen, where he was preparing snacks for the party later.

Caithlyn was about to answer him as she felt sick again.

A few moments later Owen peeked through the door before he quickly kneeled down beside her.

He carefully supported her body and held her hair back, while she was shaking like crazy.

Afterwards, Caithlyn took a shower and Owen went back to the kitchen.

After her shower, she sat down in the kitchen wrapped in a blanket.

"Maybe we should get you to a doctor." Owen suggested.

"It's just a flu, I'll live." Caitlyn said smiling reassuringly, sounding slightly sarcastic.

"Maybe you're pregnant." Owen said jokingly, leaving Caithlyn totally silent, just staring at the floor.

Owen frowned. "Did I say anything wrong?" He asked concerned, afraid that he had upset her.

Caithlyn just kept staring at the floor, not able to look at him.

Owen quickly walked to her and kneeled down in front of her before he gently wiped a tear from her cheek.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, making a shaky sigh escape her lips before she spoke.

"It's just that, I may not be able to have kids." She said still not able to look at him. Owen looked shocked at her for a moment.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you." She added, her voice almost breaking.

"It doesn't matter, okay? I love you, no matter what. And we have other options." Owen said as he pulled her closer to him.
Caithlyn nodded, still with her face burried in his chest.

"But I still want you to go see a doctor, if you aren't better tomorrow, okay?" Owen said concerned stroking her back slowly.