Chapter 80

We cuddled in bed for a while, watching TV.

The park was still a hot subject in the news. Claire was all over the news.

It was finally time for us to get ready and I put my hair in a simple updo, applied some make up and changed into my dress.

"Owen?!" I yelled from the bedroom.

A moment later he walked in, and looked at me in surprise.

"Could you please help me with the satin band?" I asked before I turned my back to him.

He cleared his throat and slowly walked closer, before he helped me tie the band around my waist.

"Done." He said proudly. "Thank you." I said before I turned around to face him.

His eyes wandered up and down my body. "You look beautiful, Caithlyn." He said smiling widely.

"Thank you." I chuckled, with blushing cheeks.

"Are you ready to go?"I asked before I walked off to grab my things.

"Yeah." Owen said before he grabbed the bag with gifts for the boys.

"Are you excited about seeing the boys again?" Owen asked as we drove.

"Yes, even if it's only a few days since I last saw them." I chuckled. "And you?" I asked curiously, not knowing what his answer would be.

"Yeah. They're great kids." Owen answered smiling.

We finally arrived at their house. Owen grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze as we walked up their driveway.

I nervously pushed the door button.

"They're here!"A familiar voice yelled, excitedly on the other side of the door.

"I got it!" I heard another familiar voice yell.

A few moments later Zach opened the door and greeted us.

Gray stormed through the house and directly into my arms, making me laugh happily.
"It's good to see you again." I said, hugging him tightly, before his parents and Claire showed up.

She looked tired.

We all greeted each other and hugged, before we walked into the living room.

A huge Christmas tree, was placed in the corner of the room. It was my first Christmas eve together with Owen, so the day was pretty special.

Owen quickly placed our gifts under the tree before we all sat down and talked for a few minutes.

"Is everything okay with you and the baby?" Gray asked concerned.

"We are feeling good." I answered smiling, as I placed a hand on my belly. My other hand was laced with Owen's.

Gray nodded and smiled happily.

"I'll better get back in the kitchen." Karen said smiling, before she got up.

"I'll help you." I said before I followed her into the kitchen.

"How have the boys been doing?" I asked as I helped her prepare the meal.

"Gray had a couple of nightmares. Zach seems stressed out, but he doesn't talk with us.
And it doesn't help that we're filing the divorce papers." Karen explained.

I looked at her in surprise, even though I had the feeling that something was going on.

"Do they know?" I asked.

"No, we wanted to tell them after their trip to the park. But we can't do that now." Karen sighed, blinking the tears in her eyes away.

"Let me know, if we can do anything to help." I said, smiling reassuringly at her.

"Thank you." She said smiling weakly as she looked over at me.