Chapter 36

Owen cooked a delicious dinner for them, insisting that she should eat something even though she wasn't hungry.

Afterwards they just cuddled in bed, waiting for the party.

"Should I cancel tonight?" Owen asked.

"No, I'll be fine. They were all so excited and if I feel the need to, I can just go and rest a bit." Caithlyn said, reassuring him that they should celebrate with the others.

"Who is that Hoskins guy, anyway?" Caithlyn asked, looking up at Owen.

"He's the leader of the private security force here." Owen answered.

"He's a pain in the ass." She added, making Owen spit out a laugh.

"You're right on that one." Owen chuckled.

They were cuddled up next to each other for another couple of minutes, before Caithlyn felt the need to ask him something.

"How long have you been carrying that box around in your pocket?" She asked smirking curiously.

"A couple of weeks.
I was waiting for the perfect moment, but then I decided it had to be really perfect and romantic, so I actually wanted to take you out on a date and then propose." Owen explained.

Lifting herself a bit she looked at him.
"It was perfect." She said smiling, before she kissed him softly.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Barry's here. I'm gonna go and get everything set up." Owen said before he got out of bed and went outside to prepare everything together Barry.

In the meantime, Caithlyn changed into something warmer and straightened her hair, finally feeling better again.

"Hi, Barry." She greeted as she walked outside and found them placing pieces of wood at the fireplace Owen had build a couple of weeks ago.

Owen quickly cleaned his hands and walked to her, as she slowly walked down the staircase towards him.

Owen picked her up at the last step and placed her on the ground.

"I can walk, you know?" She chuckled, before Owen crashed his lips onto hers.

"What was that for?" She asked smirking a bit dumbfounded, as he pulled away. "You just look so beautiful." Owen said smirking, making her chuckle happily.

"Sit down at the fireplace. We are going to light it up now." Owen ordered.

Caithlyn grabbed a blanket and sat down near the fireplace. Just as Owen and Barry lighted it, their co-workers started to arrive. Caithlyn quickly got up from her chair and greeted them together with Owen. He kept a supportive hand on her back, the whole time.

Everyone got something to drink and placed themselves around the fireplace.

Caithlyn walked to the table with the drinks and grabbed a beer. Owen quickly walked up to her, and snatched it out of her hand.

"You shouldn't be drinking that. Just in case." He said with sparkles in his eyes.

"Owen." Caithlyn protested, sighing loudly.

"I know. I know. I shouldn't get my hopes up. But it could be." He said softly, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.