Chapter 52

The three of them quickly found a car and went to the valley.

Owen was driving and Caithlyn was sitting in the passenger seat.
Suddenly Owen's expression changed.

Caithlyn followed his eyes to a hurt Apatosaurus laying on the ground.

He stopped the car a few meters away from her and got ready to get out.

"Stay in the car." He ordered, looking between Claire and Caithlyn, before he got out.

He slowly walked closer to the hurting dinosaur. She was barely breathing.

Caithlyn quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and was ready to get out of the car as Claire spoke; "He said we should stay in the car."

"Yeah, you should." Caithlyn said harshly as she got out and grabbed her gun, before she walked towards the dinosaur.

In the meantime. Owen had tossed his gun over his shoulder and kneeled down beside her head.

Her body was covered in scratch marks and she was breathing heavily as Caithlyn slowly walked to the other side of her and kneeled down, by her head, sharing a sorrowful look with Owen.

Owen had carefully placed his hands on her, to calm her down as she was groaning in pain.

Caithlyn gently stroke her long neck, together with Owen.

"I know, I know.
It's all right. All right, girl." Owen whispered softly, as she wriggled in pain. Caithlyn's eyes were hurting, from to the need to cry.
She felt so sorry for her, that she had to be in so much pain.

Suddenly Claire was beside her carefully touching the rough skin of the dinosaurs.

"Okay, okay, okay. You're okay. Okay." Owen continued to whisper softly, as the Apatosaurus moved her head in pain, almost making Claire jump.

Caithlyn couldn't hold the tears back anymore and just let them roll down her cheeks.

Owen gently placed his hand on hers, while he supported the Apatosaurus's head with his other hand.

She slowly closed her eyes, before she drifted off.

Owen had a sad and frustrated look on his face as he leaned back a bit.

He quickly got up and had his gun ready, as he walked forward.

Caithlyn6gave, the now dead Apatosaurus, one last stroke before she got up and followed him.

Owen let his gun fall down to his side, as he looked over the valley in shock.
The monster had killed them all.

Claire walked up next to them and gasped as she saw all the dead dinosaurs scattered around the valley.

Caithlyn felt her heart sink as her mind drifted off to her own dinosaurs in the valley. She just hoped that they made it out alive.

"It didn't eat them. It's killing for sport" Owen said in shock.

"We need to go." Caithlyn said, her voice almost breaking.

"Caithlyn." Owen said softly, just as they were in front of the car. She slowly turned around and looked up at him.

He took a few steps closer to her and gently wiped a tear away with his thumb and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Caithlyn responded to his sweet gesture with a weak smile, before they got into the car again.