Chapter 58

Owen just stared at me in surprise and shock, before it turned into a smirk.

Luckily, the Pteranodon hit my left side, so I was still able to hit Hoskins with my right.
It felt good. I had wanted to do that, since the first second, I met Hoskins.

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire hissed, as she stopped next to us.

"Oh, Jesus!
How many more people have to die
before this mission starts to make sense to you?" Hoskins said, as he rubbed his sore jaw.

"It's not a mission. It's a field test." Barry added, as he walked up to us.

"This is an iNGen situation now." Hoskins said slowly, making Claire scoff and shake her head.

"Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light.
Everybody's gonna get off this island.
You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives.
No, no, no, better yet... how your animals saved lives." Hoskins explained confidently, looking between us.

"They've never been out of containment. It's crazy." Barry said looking directly at Owen. Hoskins paced annoyed back and forth.

"Let's move it out!" He ordered, before he walked up to Owen.

"This is happening!
With or without you." He said straight to Owen's face.

"Okay. But we're doing it my way." Owen said, staring directly at Hoskins.

He had a sad expression on his face as he spoke .

We walked into the small camp they've made and went through the plan.

"We know that she is in sector five." Owen said pointing at the map.

"This is a game we call hide-and-seek.
It's a scent drill.
We've done it about a thousand times with these animals.
When they get on target, and they will get on target, wait to engage.
Velociraptors are pack hunters.
They like to herd the animal into a kill zone.
That's when we take our shot.
Get a clear shot, wait on my command
and give her everything you got.
We got one good target, gentlemen.
Do not shoot my Raptors." Owen explained.
"Please." He added pleading.

They all went off to get ready. Barry, Owen and I went into the cage, where the girls were muzzled up.

I took a quick round between them all and ended with Blue. She was stressed about the situation.

"Easy Blue, easy." I said softly, as I gently touched the side of her head.

"Now, you have to take good care of my boys and make sure, they get back to me, okay? I need them." I said as I gently stroke head, while I looked over at Barry. I felt a presence behind me and soon I was wrapped in a pair of strong arms.

"I'll get back to you." Owen whispered, into my ear.

Blue growled quietly. "I think she senses it." I said smiling, as I placed my hand on my belly.

"Owen." Gray said behind us, leaning against the bars together with Zach. I unwrapped myself from Owen, and slowly walked with him towards the boys.

"Are they safe?" Gray asked.

"No, they're not." Owen answered.

"What are their names?" Zach asked.

"Well, you got Charlie. There's Echo.
Here is Delta.
This one's called Blue.
She's the beta." Owen explained, pointing at the girls.

"Who's the alpha?" Gray asked excited.

- "You're looking at him, kid."