Chapter 54

They walked around, for what felt like an eternity and Caithlyn felt exhausted. The pregnancy symptoms had really kicked in the last couple of days, making her tired and weaker.

Owen looked concerned over at her.

- "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just getting a bit tired." She answered, smiling weakly at him.

"Are you sure, you should be carrying that gun?" Claire asked Caithlyn, walking behind them.

Caithlyn looked back at her, with an annoyed look on her face and scoffed.

"As you should now, new trainers or keepers, get 3 weeks emergency training including shooting training, before we even get to the island, so I'm perfectly capable of handling a gun." Caithlyn answered annoyed, not even looking at Claire.

"But if you keep staring at my husbands ass, I can't guarantee anything." Caithlyn continued, as she turned a bit and smirked at Claire.

Owen looked surprised at his wife, but just kept walking. Caithlyn guessed he liked her being fierce and protective of what was hers.

Claire quickly walked past them and continued walking in front of them.

Owen slowly reached for Caithlyn's  hand and gave it a light squeeze.

They walked into the restricted area, near the old visitor center, not knowing if the Indominus was near.

Suddenly they heard a vehicle drive off and they all shared a look before they stormed off towards the noise.

They ended up in the old garage, next to the old visitor center.

Owen quickly noticed a shirt and picked it up. "This one of theirs?" He asked, showing it to Claire.

"Yeah." She answered, sighing in relieve.
"That road goes straight back to the park." She added, as Owen tried to start the other car, but it wasn't working.
"How did they even get one of these things started?" Owen said confused, before he looked through the shelves.

Owen was about to open the trunk, as the ground and the building shook.

Owen protectively pushed Caithlyn behind him, as large footsteps came  closer to then.

It took another step towards then, before they all sat down in front of the car, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Owen carefully looked down the side of the car, but quickly sat straight up as the monster stopped right behind the car.

They could hear it growl, right next to them.

Owen hushed quietly. Both Claire and Caithlyn looked at him, and nodded in understanding.

Caithlyn carefully searched for his hand, trying to keep calm. He quickly grabbed her hand and locked their eyes.

Caithlyn squeezed her eyes together, as the large head of the Indominus was right next to Owen.
He squeezed her hand lightly, making her look at him. Surprisingly it calmed her down a bit. But not for long.

The monster started to push her head against the car, making them all squeeze their eyes together again. Caithlyn quickly grabbed Claire's hand. She didn't want her to feel alone, in that moment. They had to stick together.

The Indominus finally moved away and Owen took the chance and grabbed the gun, he had left by the car door.

He sat back down next to Claire and Caithlyn, before he nodded, telling them that the Indominus was gone.

They all sighed in relieve, trying to catch their breath.

Suddenly the Indominus crashed through the side, making them jump to their feet and run.

They just managed to get away, before the car was pushed forward, right over the spot, where they were sitting, just a second earlier.

They ran as fast as they could, through the old building and into the woods.

Owen stopped right after the stairscase and offered the girls his hand, but they both just sprinted past him, wanting to get as far away from the monster as possible.

Luckily for them, a helicopter caught her attention, making her turn and run in the other direction.

Claire called the control center as they continued to run, so they could follow the Indominus.

"Lowery, we found her.
South of the Gyrosphere Valley, between the old park and the Aviary." Claire explained over the phone.

-"Wait, are you following the dinosaur?" Lowery said in disbelief on the other end.

-"Yes. Get ACU out here. Real guns this time." Claire ordered.

"ACU is airborne. They took the helicopter." Lowery said.

"Who's flying it?" Claire asked confused, as they stopped running.

"Mr. Masrani." Lowery answered on the other end.