Chapter 68

I quickly walked further into the crowd and started to help where I could. I tried to stay as far away from Owen as possible, so he wouldn't notice me. He would probably just order me to go back to my seat.

Barry worked almost next to me. Suddenly I felt a presence beside me. I looked to my left, and was face to face with Owen.

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me with him, for a few steps. "Owen." I protested.

Owen stopped and looked at me. "You shouldn't be running around. You just outran a T-Rex, for gods sake.
And that was after, you ran through the woods for a half day." Owen said frustrated, almost whispering.

"I want to help." I argued. "I'll keep an eye on her." Barry said behind me, making me smile.

Owen sighed. "Okay, but don't work yourself to hard." He said placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

We all went back to work. Barry kept working near me, so he could keep an eye on me.

I could feel Owen's gaze on me, as I worked. He just couldn't stop worrying.

I was putting a bandage on a young man, who was hit by a Pteranodon on his arm, as I suddenly felt an almost unbearable pain in my lower belly.

I groaned in pain as I took a step backwards and placed a hand on my belly. I started gasping for air, as I felt my whole body tense and shiver.

Barry quickly noticed that something was wrong.

"Owen!" He screamed before he sprinted off towards me.

He just managed to wrap his arms around me, before my knees gave in.

"Doctor!" I heard Owen yell, as he ran through the crowd, to get to me.

In the meantime Barry got me to sit down on the floor. I groaned into his chest as he gently held me close to him.

Owen quickly jumped down beside me and picked me up. "I got you. I got you." He said softly, as he picked me up.

He carried me into one of the health stations. I clung to him, sobbing into his chest, from the pain.

"She's about 10 weeks pregnant." Owen said frantically as he placed me on the bed. I quickly curled up in the bed, trying to relieve some of the pain.

The nurse quickly prepared a needle, so they could give me something for the pain. She gently took a hold of my arm. "I need you to lay completely still." She said smiling. I nodded in understanding, turning my head away from her. I didn't want to watch her put a needle into my arm.

Owen quickly grabbed my hand and stroke my hair. "Everything is going to be okay." Owen said soothing.

"I'm sorry." I said sobbing, scared of what was happening to me and our baby.
"Hey, everything will be fine. Don't worry." Owen said softly, trying to calm me down as he gently stroke my hair.