Chapter 70

The doctor came back with the ultrasound.

My heart was racing. Bringing a T-Rex into a battle against a geneticly modified hybrid, suddenly didn't seem like such a big deal.

I could lose my baby. Our baby.

Owen gently pushed the fabric of my top up, so I wouldn't have to move much, before he took a hold of my hand again.

The doctor put gel on my belly and slowly started to move the wand over my belly, as we all stared at the screen.

I looked nervously up at Owen, who smiled reassuringly at me.

He looked so tired and messy.

But we had been so lucky. We could both have been death. I don't know, what I would have done, if I had lost him. We were all good and safe, I just hoped my baby was okay too.

I looked back over at the screen, not knowing exactly what to look for.

"Everything looks fine." The doctor said smiling at us.

We both sighed and laughed happily in relief, before Owen placed a soft kiss on my lips. Happy tears started running down my face, as Owen pulled me into a hug. "I love you." Owen whispered, resting his forehead against mine as our eyes locked.

"Is she okay?" I heard Gray ask concerned, just outside the room.

I looked over at the doctor. "Can they come in?" I asked him. He nodded in agreement, before I looked over at Owen. He quickly got to his feet, to get the others.

Gray almost crashed into the door as he sprinted towards me. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned.
"The doctor says I'll be fine." I said smiling, before he hugged me. I couldn't help but chuckle by his sweet gesture.

"And the baby?" Zach asked, as he walked closer.

"The baby's fine." I answered.

Zach and Gray smiled happily and relieved.

I looked over at the doctor. "Can they have a look?" I asked.

The doctor smiled, before he put the wand to my belly again.

The boys stared excitedly at the screen, with Barry, Claire and Owen behind them.

"There's the baby." The doctor said pointing at the screen. Both the boys laughed happily, as they saw the small figure on the screen.