Chapter 44

After the ceremony Owen and Caithlyn and all their guests went to the hotel to celebrate.

It was finally time for the best man, to do his speech.

Barry knocked on his wine glass, and slowly got up from his chair.

As he got everyones attention, he cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Dear Owen. Dear Caithlyn.
I think I can be safe to say, that it was love at first sight, even though it took you some time, to find each other.
I have witnessed your love and compassion for each other, grow for each day.
I have seen the good, you bring to each other.
I have seen you work together, as an amazing team, and that makes me sure, that you can go through everything life has to offer, together as one.
May you live happily after and your love never end." Barry finished before everyone toasted together with him.

His speech really touched Caithlyn and had her crying. Again.

It was finally time for the dance.
They didn't really have time to practice and they actually never danced together before, so they were so nervous.

(Listen to this -  LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live)

Caithlyn carefully placed her hand in Owen's and her other hand on his shoulder as he placed his hand on her back.

They smiled nervously at each other before they started to move slowly to the music.

Halfway through the song, in the middle of the chorus, Owen did the twirl, dip and kiss, making the whole crowd cheer and clap. They danced to the end of the song before the others joined them on the dancefloor.

Caithlyn's father walked through the crowd, up to them.

"May I?" He asked Owen.

"Of course." Owen answered smiling, before he walked off to find his mother.

After a couple of songs, Caithlyn took a little break when suddenly Simon Masrani walked up to her.

"Congratulations!" He said happily, walking towards her, before giving her a warm hug, finally  handing her an evelope.
She looked questioningly at him, before she opened it and read the letter inside, making her look surprised up at him.

"You're giving us a house?" She asked in shock.

"You both deserve it, for your great work with the dinosaurs. And you'll need a bigger home soon." He said smiling, as he looked down at her belly.

Caithlyn quickly hugged and thanked him.

"How did you know?" She asked insecurely.

"I just noticed that you didn't had any alcohol tonight." He said smirking making her chuckle in relief.

Owen's father walked up and asked for a dance. Caithlyn happily accepted, but was really nervous.

She looked a bit to the side and saw her mother happily dancing with Owen.
He definitely had a gift at giving people a good time and making them feel special.

"I have never seen my son this happy." Owen's father said, bringing Caithlyn back to her senses.
She looked surprised at him. Owen had æ once told her, that his father was a pretty tough guy and never really talked about feelings. So it really surprised her to hear him say that, with tears in his eyes.

"Thank you, for bringing such joy into my sons life." He continued, before
Caithlyn smiled warmly at him. Just in that moment Owen walked up.

"May I have another dance with my bride?" Owen asked smirking.

"Of course, son." His father said, before he turned back to Caithlyn and smiled before they gave each other a quick cheek kiss, before he let Owen take over.

She quickly wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist before they slowly swayed to the music.

"What do you say Mrs. Grady - Should we head home?" Owen said smirking.

Caithlyn chuckled and nodded before they carefully snuck out and hurried to their car and drove to the bungalow.

She was surprised to see, small candles set up as a path, leading into the trailer.

Rose petals were spread on the floor, leading into the bedroom. It was so beautiful and romantic.