4.

I knew that by walking into his territory, it's either going to end really good, or really fucking bad.

Max's men were skeptic about me as far I knew and having me walk into a complete silent room with all eyes on me was a little unnerving.

I clear my throat as I stare everyone down,my alligator tears streaming down my cheeks as I put on my best act that's worth an Oscar award.

"He- He's-" I remain speechless as if I was dumbfounded and oblivious to their dead boss.

Darnell, Max's side kick that was so far up his ass he couldn't see the light of day was at my side in a heart beat.

"What?! Where's Max?!" He demanded immediately.

"He's-" I shake my head and dash my tears away as I sniff. "Darnell it was- it was him! It was Dylan! He shot Max!" I cried.

Because I broke into hysterical crying, no one had the nerve to ask me anymore questions, yet Darnell remained suspicious. I wasn't all for killing like I had done, but as sweet as Max was to me, he was a rapist.

Rapists deserved to be put down like the scums they are, and that's exactly what I did. Now I have to keep my eye on Darnell.

Darnell wasn't Max's side kick for the hell of it. For the last two months I've known him, I've realized he's one to not underestimate. Every time I walk by him, I can feel him breathing down on me, watching me with those brown eyes of his.

He might know that I killed him, or he wouldn't.

Max's men know Dylan is one of the enemies that threaten to kill Max and throwing Dylan in the runt like I did has taken most of the suspicions off me; Why on earth would a girl like me kill a man? Jokes on them.

Dylan was a street thug much like Max who grew up in a small town with a drug addict mother and a father who fucked off on them.

Max and Dylan would have made a better team together than they did against each other.

Two is better than one, but obviously not in their game.

"What are we going to do Dan?" One of the men questions him.

Darnell shakes his head and sighs as I bury my face into my hands. "Are you sure it was Dylan?!" He scowls.

"Yes!" I screech suddenly. "I saw him! I saw him with my own two eyes with his men!"

"Why are you questioning her Dan? Look at her." Another man says.

"Yeah, and apparently she's our new boss." Darnell snarls.

I smirk to myself before gaping at Darnell who had mentioned me as replacement. "Me?!" I widen my gaze at him. "No! No fucking way. I'm not doing this shit." I step back to emphasize my point.

"You know everything! Max told you more shit than he ever told me!" He scowls.

Aw little Darnell is getting jealous.

I shake my head. "I can't!"

"You have too!" Darnell scowls. "Or I will!"

One of the men who's crowded around us scoffs.

"I have more faith in this lass, than I have in you Dan. What do you say love?"

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that Max is dead?!" I screech in shock.

"Shit happens love." Another adds.

I shake my head. "And what if I die?"

"Don't worry love, our thoughts will be with you." Darnell scowls before walking away.