11.

"Everything is on here!" Rodney grins as he skims through Zayn's phone. "Passwords, emails. Everything."

"Passwords? Passwords for what?"

Rodney shrugs and shakes his head as he continues to go through his phone. "This guy has four bank accounts opened."

"Can you just connect the thing together so we can get this over and done with!" I say sternly
as I pace back and forth while my anxiety begins to lift.

"They can't trace us here. I promise." Rodney says genuinely. "Give me two minutes and I should be done. But I think you should take a look at his messages. I mean what the hell is the down state?" Rodney says confused.

"Why?!" I widen my gaze at him as I move closer to him. "Down state is the place he took me too when I was abducted. He had kept me there for days until he took me to his slave house."

I guess I'll see you again in the down state; that was the last words Connor said to me today.

And since then, I can't keep still. Even though I got back to work and made it out alive, I was approached from Zayn asking if my brother had his phone to which I replied I'll get back to him as soon as I get home.

"He's going there tomorrow. Maybe we should follow him?" Rodney suggests. "It says on his messages and apparently in his schedules too."

"I don't think we should do so just yet. The next times he's going there. I think we should." I nod.

"Besides the security purposes and contacts, what exactly did you want his phone for?" Rodney frowns.

"I want his money." I smirk as I grab my phone and call Zayn's office.

"Malik speaking." Zayn answers immediately and I smile slightly.

"Mr Malik. It's Adrianna. My brother has definitely got your phone." I laugh nervously to create an affect.

"Where are you?" Zayn says sternly.

"I'm just leaving my house now. I'll drop your phone off." I say with a smile before hanging up.

"You need to hurry." I murmur.

"His money Alissa?!" Rodney growls. "Thats not something I want to be involved with."

"Um, you stole his phone in a way I didn't even think of?" I frown at him. "Look, I'm not actually going to steal his money or anything. I'm just stashing it away somewhere and then I am somehow going to fuck up his company." I shrug my shoulders.

Rodney continues to give me that same look.

"Don't look at me like that." I scowl.

"Maybe this isn't a good idea." Rodney hesitates.

I shake my head. "Don't do this now." I murmur. "She's alive! And I'm going to find out where she is. Just please finish the phone and we can finally do all the hard stuff."

"Hard stuff?!" Rodney repeats. "This whole thing is crazy!"

I sigh slightly and roll my eyes. "Are you still in or are you out?"

Rodney holds my gaze for a moment, a pleading expression evident on his face until he sighs finally after turning back to Zayns phone.

"I'm almost finished." he murmurs.

The air between us grew uncomfortable for a moment.