80.

"Here. Doctors told me to give it to you when you wake up." Boots hands me the tiny plastic shot glass filled with three different pills and I frown.

"Don't be stubborn. Just take the damn thing." Boots sighs.

"It's been two days. When can I get out?" I scowl.

"You only just woke up two days ago too. Take it." Boots say annoyed.

He's been like this with me. Every sentence was short and abrupt, or just filled with nothing but annoyance towards me.

After a moment of trying to read his face, I grab them off him, and the cup of water from his other hand and take them all down.

"Where's Zaidan?"

"I sent him to shower and get some rest." Boots sits down on the lazy boy and yawns tiredly.

I nod before lifting up my shirt and gazing back down at the filthy bullet wound. "I didn't think it would get infected."

"Let's be real. You didn't think you'd be alive." He snarls.

I shrug uselessly. Something I'm not quite ready to talk about with Boots, but I know he's going to bring it up weather I like it or not. He tried yesterday and got nothing out of me because the doctor had came at the right time.

Let's see if he'll try again.

"I honestly thought I was gone." I say honestly.

"What's up with that man?" Boots shrugs annoyed.

"Nothing." I shrug this time as the fucking heart monitor gives away how much my heart is thumping in my chest.

Boots notices also and I roll my eyes in annoyance. "I'm not dumb."

"I know you're not. I didn't keep you around this long for nothing." I say.

"Did you think about anyone at all or did you think about yourself?" Boots frowns.

"You're acting like I attempted to commit suicide." I narrow my gaze at him.

"It kind of feels like it with how open you were to death." He says, tone dark and deeply disturbing. "But did you think about your babies? Did you think about how much it'll affect Zaidan? Or me even. What was the point of doing it if you did die, Zayn?!"

Ignoring his comments, I take a deep breath and wince when I realise how painful that felt near the wound. Boots blatantly looks annoyed and almost offended that I'm not answering him.

"I didn't think." I murmur just to give him an answer to shut him up.

"What was the point though?! I don't understand! I had an idea but my theory could be wrong! So what is it?!" Boots scowls.

"I don't wanna talk about this." I shake my head.

"Mate. We're talking about this. Either way, I'm getting a true answer out of you." He replies.

I hold his gaze for a moment and sigh in defeat.

I'm not going to get rid of him. He's just as stubborn as I am.

"I accepted it because I genuinely shouldn't be alive." I say.

Boots rolls his eyes. "That's an answer. But it's not the answer that's close to the real reason."

My heart races, causing the heart monitor to beep faster and I pierce my lips together as I look down, dragging my gaze away from his concerned ones as I feel that weird thickness in my chest again when I had called Zaidan just before I thought I was dying.