36.

"Come again?" I frown.

"Alissa. Might. Be. Pregnant." Boots repeats as if I was stupid.

I blink at him and frown. "How?"

Boots rolls his eyes. "Oh I don't know. Maybe she had sex?"

I roll my eyes and shake my head. "She can't be. She had the liquified birth control. It doesn't expire for another three months.

"You realise it didn't work on her. She's the third slave-"

"Borhan." I scowl.

"Sorry, woman." He corrects mid sentence. "-to have the liquified birth control deny her body. It happens." Boots murmurs.

"How do you know that?!" I scowl.

"She went to a doctor to see for herself." Boots shrugs.

"Why do you say maybe then? What? She maybe pregnant?" I frown.

Boots shrugs. "Four weeks to be fair."

She was with Connor for two weeks and we did have sex a few weeks before then. But I pulled out. I swear I did.

"She can't be pregnant. Unless she has some other man in her life." I shake my head.

Boots raises an eyebrow. "Right and who would that be?"

I frown as one person falls into my head, but that couldn't be true. I don't think I'd ever pull him into this.

"I know what you're thinking and I doubt Zaidan would do that to you!" Boots scowls.

I shake my head. "I know. Boots she can't have that baby!"

"Why?!" He frowns.

"Because it's dangerous! She can't have it!" I say worriedly.

Boots phone begins to ring and I watch intently as he answers his phone.

He puts it on speaker and stares directly at me.

"Hey Zaidan." he murmurs quietly.

"Where are you?" Zaidans voice is husky, broken almost and I close my eyes and look down, unable to hold Boots gaze. "We're leaving now."

"I'm at the slave house. I'll be back soon for the funeral." Boots says before hanging up.

I gaze up at him as he stands.

"Oh yeah. I'm attending your funeral today at the funeral home in Leatherhead mate." Boots says sternly. "The one in Leatherhead is for the slave community."

"Funeral home? Are you serious!" I pull a face and he rolls his eyes. "So I get two funerals?"

"Yeah. And the funeral home was Zaidans choice. He didn't know how to plan a funeral."

My expression drops to sadness at the mention of my brother.

"He sounds different." I murmur.

"Yeah. I know. Because you're not there." Boots says. "I've been through this bullshit too many times."

I turn to face him and he frowns.

"Zaidan gets kidnapped and your a mess. You're 'dead' and Zaidans a mess." Boots throws his hands up.

"I'm sorry for bringing you into this shit Borhan." I murmur. "Just tell them that I care about them."