38.

"So what the hell happened?!" Boots questions.

I shrug in confusion as my head swarms with questions.

"I don't know. I just woke up and there was blood - and he was fine all night -" I can't even think straight.

"Hey, look. It's going to be okay. Just go wash up and I'll see what's going on." Boots reassures quietly as I gaze down at the dry blood on my hands.

I squeeze my eyes closed as distraught and stress fall through my head.

I can't lose him again.

"Is he going to be okay?" I frown.

"Yeah. He'll be okay."

I walk into the familiar bathroom to wash my hands clean. I scrub and scrub as my mind succumbs with the worse scenario.

No he can't die!

"Alissa!"

I gasp when I see Zaidan walking in.

"Is it true?! Zayns alive?!" Zaidan widens his gaze at me.

I shrug before trying to calm my breathing down. "He got stabbed. And the wound apparently got infected and he was moving too much last night and it just made it worse. I don't know! I just-"

"Okay princess. Calm down. All this worrying isn't good for the baby." Zaidan murmurs as I attempt to 'calm down.'

It falls silent for a moment until Zaidan turns to face me with a small smile on his face.

"Zayn was alive this whole time?" Zaidan questions suddenly.

I nod as tears fall down my cheeks. "He was." I smile lightly and a mixed of happy emotions cross over his face before his eyes glisten.

"My brothers still alive!" Zaidan says happily before the bathroom door opens.

Boots pokes his head through. "You can see him if you want?"

Zaidan and I exchange gazes before I shrug. "You can go first."

"Are you sure?"

I nod. "He's your brother."

Zaidan wraps me in a quick hug before thanking me and making his way out of the bathroom.

"Is he okay?!" I question Boots.

Boots nods. "Yeah. He's okay. He just needs to be more careful." Boots says as I gaze around the familiar rooms.

I shake my head and gaze at Boots.

"As long as he's fine." I murmur quietly.

Boots nods in silence and sighs quietly as we make our way back into the small waiting room.

Boots buries his face into his hands and covers his mouth as if he had something on his mind.

He looks distracted.

"Is he really okay?" I question.

Boots shrugs.

"Tell me the truth." I say sternly.

He pierced his lips together and gazes at me.

"Doctor Fraser-"

"Wait. Doctor Fraser?" I narrow my gaze at him.

The same doctor who had declared me a perfect slave during my little clinical cleaning on the day of the auction.

Rebirthing clinic.