47.

"So where exactly are we going?" Alissa questions me as I get in the drivers side.

"To get breakfast." I shrug. "Waffles sound good right now."

Alisas nods in agreement before I answer my phone.

"Zayn speaking." I press it to my ear.

"Any chance you can drop down again?" Boots questions.

I gaze back at Alissa who half smiles at me. Grabbing her hand, I look back at the road and turn at the intersection.

"If it's important, yeah."

"It's about last night. Maybe you can set a deal with them. Connor's little brother is with me right now." Boots replies.

"Where are you?" I question before frowning. "Why is he with you?"

"I'm at Elisa's. Don't worry about him, he's locked in the room."

"Okay, maybe after breakfast." I say. "I have to go." I hang up immediately and place my phone on the inside of my pocket.

Alissa shifts in her seat before facing me.

"Are there any positions open at Malik enterprises?" She questions.

I pierce my lips to the side before sighing. "It's not something I do, I'd have to speak to someone about that, but I don't think I have any accountant jobs open."

Alissa nods before shrugging.

"If you really want one, I can organize a transfer." I offer.

"No it's okay, I can always look somewhere else." Alissa shrugs.

"Maybe you should look for something after you've had the baby." I murmur.

Alissa gazes at me before shrugging. "Yeah, that sounds good too."

I turn into the parking lot and park the car near the building before turning the car engine off. Tightening my jacket around me, I get out of the car and walk over to Alissa as she gets out and rubs her hands together to gain some type of warmth.

"It's freezing." She moans. "Picked a great day to go out for breakfast."

"You'll be warm inside." I reply as I open the door for her.

She nods in agreement. "True."

Walking inside the warm diner, we both take a seat at a table closest to the window and skim through the menu board and menu cards.

Alissa moans in satisfaction. "Yum, the blueberry waffles look so good!"

"You want blueberry waffles?" I question and she nods immediately. Standing tall, I reach into my pocket and place my phone the table before ordering our food.

A few elderly couples were spread amongst the diner. I remember first coming here with Zaidan, he got along with everyone and me, I hated everyone here.

I make my way back to the table and sit down as Alissa smirks at me.

"Do you even notice?" She murmurs.

I frown in confusion as I pull my jacket off. "Notice what?"

"The cashier giving you flirty eyes and everything?" Alissa questions.

I frown and gaze back at the cashier as Alissa moves to sit next to me. She wraps her hands around my arm and snuggles closer and I raise my eyebrow at her.

"No, I don't really care about other woman." I say quietly.

"You say that, but you don't mean it." She replies dryly before sitting up.