19.

Just a random sentence because people tend to leave comments on the first paragraph about how excited they are and it makes me think that they like the paragraph when really they don't.

-

Zayn.

I could see her world shining straight in her eyes the day I had met her.

Her encounter was weak, but her presence was strong, thick and suffocating. I tested her from the first day and the moment she had snapped back at me, I knew she was something he wanted at the time.

But, I never knew I was talking about myself.

She had a strong soul that I was incapable of breaking, not only did she come out the better end, but she came out even stronger.

Most girls I had enslaved would wither at the site of me. She did sometimes, but it's almost difficult to tell when that feeling had occurred.

My eyes skate back down at the bullet scar on her shoulder as she looks back at the four men playing the violins, softly cooing the strings with calming music.

She was quiet tonight and that didn't surprise me.

Her silence was never silent, she had a way of telling me that something was bothering her without even telling me and I picked up on that when I saw her walking in.

I narrow my gaze at her stiff, yet calm posture as she takes the last bite of her pita roll.

So much beauty of such a secret mind that I can't even decipher.

A puzzle I could never master at until she learns to trust me again.

"I can't eat anymore." She murmurs as she places her food down. "I can't." Waving it away, she pushes the plate forward and sits back.

She looks down at my unfinished plate and frowns. "You barely ate."

"I'm not that hungry." I reply quietly.

"Okay then. I hope you're not wasting it." She frowns.

"I hope you're not wasting yours." I reply, tone dry.

"Of course not. I'm taking it home."

I smile. Of course she would.

"So." Alissa clears her throat. "How is everything between you and Yaser?" She questions.

I shrug slightly. "It's better."

"Better as in, you guys are talking without you wanting to kill him?"

I half smile and nod. "Something like that."

"He's a good man." She says quietly. "He set me free."

I frown momentarily and look down as mixed emotions begin to settle in the pit of my stomach.

"He did." I nod before taking a sip from my water.

"Are you still involved with slavery?" Alissa questions quietly.

It takes a while for me to reply.

I know I told her once that I was going to stop once I get my brother back, but it obviously hasn't happen.