74.

ZAYN

"Zayn!" I hear Boots urgent voice on the other side of the door and I sigh loudly as I wake up from my sleep.

"Go away!" I groan.

"It's Zaidan!" Boots says. "I think, I think he's back."

I frown and push the blankets off me as I sit up to open the door and greet Boots who gazes up at me, his eyes wide open and a smile on his face.

"I think he's back!" He says happily.

I frown yet again. "What?!"

"Come on!"

Following behind without putting on a shirt, we reach the basement floor by elevator and make our way to the room Zaidan is in.

Using the keypad, I put the pin in and the door unlatches.

"I swear to god Boots if he's chanting again, I'm going to be so mad at you." I murmur.

My guard is up high as usual when I slowly open the door. Like earlier on in the day, I hesitate and wait for something to come flying at me but again, nothing happens.

"Zaidan?"

No reply.

I push the door open a little more and step into the room before closing the door.

Zaidan is exactly where he was when I left him on the bed. Only this time, he's rocking back and forth with his head in his hands.

I frown. Yeah right Boots, he's far from back.

"Zaidan?" I say quietly.

Zaidan reacts instantly and drops his hands. His face is drenched with tears and his cheeks are flushed.

He hiccups before shaking his head. "I'm sorry." He whispers weakly. "I killed those people. I killed all those people."

My guard drops immediately and I sink to my knees so I'm face to face with him.

That's him. That's my brother.

"Zaidan. It's okay." I grab onto his shoulders as his whole demeanour shatters right in front of me.

"I killed so many people that night." He whispers. "I didn't have any control over myself." He looks at his hands as they continue to shake. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, Zaidan. What happened? Can you tell me?" I question.

Zaidan takes a moment to himself before frowning. "I don't know. I just- feel so out of my body."

"So what about Niko? Do you still want to see him?"

My brothers eyes widen as he stares at me but he shakes his head soon after. "No."

"Why do I feel like you're lying?" I frown.

"I don't know if I can talk about this right now Zayn." He murmurs.

I bite my lip with frustration before standing and pacing around the room slowly.

"We can find Alissa if you know stuff we don't know. I don't want to force it out of you Zaidan, I really don't. But we need to find her."

Zaidan pierce's his lips together before closing his eyes and then leaning back against the wall.

"Zayn-"

"Zaidan. Please. I'm trying to get her out of there."

He's silent for a good five minutes, his hands screwing into fists every few seconds before he opens his eyes to stare at me.