29.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" Boots scowls as I walk into my home.

I wipe the rain off my forehead with my forearm before shaking off the runny dirt from all that damn digging.

"Why are you so dirty?" He frowns this time before I step aside.

His eyes widen before he gazes at me.

"Can I speak to you in the room Zayn?" Boots murmurs.

I sigh and look down at Alissa as she does the same thing I did.

"There's some towels opposite the bathroom. Third door on your right." I direct her before following behind Boots.

Boots smiles at her as she walks down the hallway and towards the bathroom before slapping my arm.

"What the fuck is she doing here?!" He whisper yells and I punch him back.

"What the fuck was that for?!" I scowl.

"What?! What is she doing here?"

I frown and gaze down at Alissa as she grabs two towels out and instantly walks into the bathroom.

"Something happened at her apartment." I murmur. "I just- I don't want her to be alone tonight."

"Aw!" Boots rolls his eyes. "When's the wedding?"

I scowl at him. "Fuck up!"

Boots smirks before sighing as his eyes divert to Alissa as she continues towards us.

Alissa gazes intently at boots before handing me a towel.

"Hey, Boots. Long time." She murmurs quietly.

Boots nods in agreement. "Yeah definitely has been. How are you?"

She shrugs. "Yeah I'm okay."

I half smile before turning her around towards Ithe stairs. "Go upstairs." I mumble and she nods as I turn back to Boots.

"You said you had something important to do!" Boots says. "Didn't realise you were 'doing' her this whole time." he snarls.

"You wanna know what happened?! Three men of Connors came to her apartment to take her and she killed all three of them. She knows where Connor is." I whisper yell at him.

"Zayn, I still don't trust her." Boots says quietly.

"I know you don't." I say annoyed before making my way up the staircase and towards the bedroom.

I shouldn't be surprised that Alissa has opened the door from the keypad because she's been in here for before. But how she found out? Im not entirely sure.

"You never told me how you got into my house?" I murmur as Alissa turns to face me as she dries her hair.

"I have my ways." She shrugs.

"So you're not going to tell me?" I question as I close up the distance between us.

"Rodney is a computer technician. He can hack and decode basically anything." Alissa confesses.

I nod. "Now I now why you keep him around."

Alissa shrugs before I grab her hand and lead her towards the bathroom.

"You okay?" I question as I see passed the dirt and at the dried blood on her face.

She looks away and faces the mirror to wash her hands.

"Alissa- you're not a killer."

She shakes her head as a dry laugh escapes her mouth. "Sure. Because I didn't kick their asses when they came into my house."