27.

"So?" Boots raises an eyebrow as he approaches me.

"So what?" I frown as he narrows his gaze at me.

"You had one fucking job and you go over there to fuck her." Boots sighs.

I roll my eyes as I ruffle my hair. I guess it gives me away. "I obviously still have feelings for her. Just-" I pause. "Leave her out of this."

Boots points down to the paper. "She was there! She could be working with Connor."

"Then why the fuck does Connor want her?!" I scowl.

Boots frowns and straightens his expression.

"Yeah you didn't think about that did you?" I spit before sinking into the seat.

I sigh quietly to myself and rest my head in my
hands as I lean on the desk.

"You're fucking whipped." Boots shakes his head. "I liked Alissa. But she ain't the same anymore."

"I'm not whipped."

"Don't lie." He rolls his eyes.

I don't reply. I sit up and look at him before my eyes revert down to my crotch.

God, the evidence is there. I need to change.

"I'm trying to be a better person Boots." I say annoyed. "I'm trying to stop. But Connor and all these other fucking slaves keep going against it."

"Face it. You're too high up in the Slave circle to stop." Boots says truthfully.

"You take it then." I sigh.

"No." Boots shakes his head before his phone begins to ring.

He answers the phone and I quickly gaze down at my phone to see Alissa's message.

I half smile and open it.

*are you sure you're okay? You seemed off when you were here x

I half smile before Boots hangs up and I place my phone in my pocket.

"What were you going to tell me?!" I scowl.

Boots frowns and then nods. "Right. I called you because we may have found Connors stake house. Just out by the old dairy farm by Famington."

I frown confused. "Wait, Where?"

"Doesn't matter but he has them there." Rodney says as he hands me a file and a map.

"Okay. And how are you so sure about that?"

"Julie's tracker." He smirks.

Why the fuck did I not think of that?!

Because you're thinking about another female.

"Alarm Marcus about a security look out I wanna know every entrance and exit and how many men Connor has in there." I stand and make my way to the bathroom as I brush against my crotch.

"Okay. I'll get back to you soon."

"Thanks Boots." I murmur.

Wetting a few tissues, I try to clean myself off to at least look more modest.

With a dozen thoughts racing in my head, My mind is clouded as usual. You'd think I'd be use to this by now, but I'm obviously not.