17.

I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous on how this outcome was going to be.

Was I ready for him to just sign his contract over to Rodney? All Zayn knows is that it's for me but little did he know.

"You owe me a fucking lot for this." Darnell scowls as we see Zayn walking in from the elevator.

"Just shut up and do what I ask off you." I say annoyed.

"Alissa?" I hear a voice gasp from behind me as Zayn and Victoria enter the room.

I stand and smile as Victoria approaches me.

"Oh my god! It is you!" Victoria gushes before wrapping me in a hug. "It really is you?!"

I smile and raise my eyebrows. "Mm back from the dead." I shoot a look at Zayn and he rolls his eyes as he sits down.

"We're not here for a reunion Victoria. Sit down."

Victoria straightens her posture and clears her throat as she takes a seat beside Zayn.

"Still as bossy as ever. You obviously haven't changed." I raise my eyebrow at Zayn. "And your manners are still bad."

Zayn tightens his fists before gazing at Victoria, then at Darnell.

"Who is this?"

"My lawyer." I smirk.

Darnell shifts in his seat and nods.

"Is it necessary to bring a lawyer?" Zayn questions.

"Oh yes." I nod. "Since we're discussing things about your company." I slide the contract that I had taken from his home filing cabinet.

"This wasn't meant for you." Zayn murmurs.

"Oh but. It has my name right here in the declaration form." I tap my name and he frowns before leaning closer.

"Victoria. I need a moment alone with Alissa." Zayn says quietly, his eyes staying on me.

I shift slightly under his stare.

"Do you mind?" Zayn questions Darnell.

Darnell gazes at me for a moment and I roll my eyes as I sigh. "Go on."

He looks at Zayn momentarily before narrowing his gaze at him and walking out of the room.

With just the two of us in the room, it falls absolutely silent as we stare each other down.

I swallow as unwanted memories slowly start to fall in my head and I shake my head as if it'll make it stop.

"What are you trying to do?!" Zayn scowls suddenly and I frown at him.

"You can't just take my company away from me!"

"Mhmm but I can." I shrug.

"Where did you get this from?!"

"Your filing cabinet. I knew you'd have some secret draw and I happened to just find it." I smile and he scowls at me.

Zayn stares down at the contract for a long period; comprehending what to say, thinking of an observation, containing his anger. I don't know but he looks as if he's lost in a sea of thoughts.

When he speaks, he sounds worried.

"You send this away to my department and this-"

"Company will no longer belong to you?" I raise my eyebrow. "Yes I know that Zayn."

"Then why the fuck are you doing this to me?!" Zayn spits. "Why?!"