8.

"Why do you ask?" Rodney frowns as I gaze back at him.

"Um. Wow. Small world, I use to work with Jane." I murmur before looking back at the photo of her.

"Really? Wow." Rodney raises an eyebrow. "How come she never told me about you?"

"Well I only just started when she left for something I wasn't sure." I shrug.

Rodney nods and sighs quietly. "I miss her a lot."

I sigh quietly and take a seat by the bar stool.

"I'm sorry about your loss. I actually had no idea she passed away."

"Yeah it took me by shock when I was told." He shakes his head and sighs quietly.

So we were both just killed off from the enterprises?

Is Jane really dead though?

Zayn never said he killed her. All he said was that she was sent away.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But it was never fully confirmed.

"Hey, we don't need to talk about this right now. It's a new day. New morning. Fresh vibes. I'll take a shower and help out after. Don't start without me okay?" I smile reassuringly.

He nods, too stuck in his head to acknowledge my rambling as I dismiss myself outside and into the visitors palace.

I sigh quietly and shake my head when I realise what this could mean if Rodney knew the truth about Malik Enterprises.

I need to know what he knows.

Maybe Jane told him some things about Zayn, maybe not, but one thing I know for sure, is that Rodney is good with computers and if there's a possibility that Jane is still alive, I may have misjudged my trust for Rodney.

I smirk to myself as I strip from my running gear and turn on the faucet. Two shower heads blast with lukewarm water before I change it to a bearable temperature.

I've got to live up this luxury as much as I can.

First things first, I just need Rodney to sit down and hear my story and I don't know how much I'm willing to share without freaking him out.

Twisting my words won't hurt a little I guess.

After washing myself and my hair, I wrap the towel around my hair and around my body and change quickly into some underwear and clothing.

I pull out the make up case that I had hidden away from Zaidan and place it on the bed.

Taking a deep breath, I brush out the wig and sort through the clothes that were carelessly packed in different bags.

"I fucking hate moving." I scowl to myself.

"Okay I'm not one to walk in on someone but are you going to a costume party?" Rodney chuckles lightly as he places a food tray down on the coffee table.

"Oh my god, thank you." I smile in surprise. "Jesus that was fast."

"Don't mention it." He shrugs before frowning. "So?"

"Um, yeah. This." I hold up the wig. "Well, if I tell ya, I'd have to kill ya." I joke with a wink.

He chuckles and shrugs. "It's none of my business anyway. I'm heading back to work anyway, so I'll see you whenever I do."

"Hey." I call out before he leaves. He turns in curiosity. "Thanks for all of this. Like I said last night. I'll be out of here soon." I promised.

"Don't stress." Rodney waves it away.