30.

Previous chapter.

"I hate you." I scowl under my breath.

Zayn pierces his lips together. "How much fucking times are you going to continue to destroy my fucking trust for you Alissa!?"

I grip onto the handle as my heart beats rapidly in my chest. The gun in my hands is shaking viciously as the adrenaline and overpowering emotions takes over me.

"You destroyed everything for me." I whisper.

"I just wanted to be normal. I wanted to feel accepted in this society. But I couldn't. I couldn't because of you. I struggled to fit in this world because I was so use to having you breathing down my fucking back, just waiting for me to do something bad." I swallow down the bile as tears, tears that I had no idea I could produce anymore flooded down my face.

"I killed so many fucking people just so I could feel something. Anything! I vowed to killed you every night but yet here I am standing in front of you." I scowl as I let go of my gun and throw my hands up.

"Don't do that!" Zayn spits as he watches the fun hit the ground.

I clear my throat and look him square in the eyes as my stomach turns nauseas.

"I'm done." I whisper as I look down.

I bite my bottom lip and brace myself as I hear the barrel click into place.

"Alissa." He whispers.

I swallow and open my eyes to gaze down at Rodney's corpse.

I'm sorry.

"Kill me!" I scowl as the tears fall down my face.

"I'm not going to kill you." Zayn spits as his gun is still aimed at me.

I pierce my lips together as my adrenaline kicks in.

Grabbing his wrist, I pull him forward and knee him straight in the groin, causing him to tumble over as I grab the gun out of his hand and point it straight at his head.

"How does it feel to be on the other side of the gun again?" I wipe away the tears from my cheeks as he's clutching onto his crotch.

He throws his hand up and sighs. "Just like you said, I would have been dead long ago if you wanted to kill me."

"Fuck you." I whisper.

As I pull the trigger, someone behind me locks my arms into my chest and I gasp as someone covers my nose with a damp cloth of chloroform.

I try to rummage away by slamming the guy into the wall but I can't break free as the fumes start to get to my head.

"No!" I try to mumble as Zayn stands up.

My vision slowly starts to go cloudy and I gaze up at him as he looks down at me.

"Happy birthday Alissa." He says quietly before my world falls to complete darkness.

Zayn

"You alright man?" Boots murmurs as he gets in the car.