56.

ZAIDAN.

"Is it bad?" I question as I try to widen my eyes.  "Is it damaged. Oh god am I going to go blind?"

A small smile finally falls on her face before she shakes her head. "You're fine, Zaidan."

She turns away to grab her glass of juice and takes a drink before leaning against the table thats ahead of me.

I know there's something wrong with her. She's been off since Zayn left. 

So far my attempts of making her smile hasn't been successful and it's irritating me a bit that someone I call my brother hasn't had the decency to see approach her with what she deserves.

I frown slightly to myself until I realise she's speaking.

"You take a bullet better than you can take a punch." Alissa adds.

I feel my torso and straighten my pained face. And yet, it still stings with every movement I make. Is that normal? I shrug inwardly. I'm fine.

"Are you okay?" She questions.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I raise an eyebrow.

She frowns before mirroring my expression. "What do you mean?"

"Well. Zayns gone for whatever reason, which I fine kind of weird considering you've been back for a few minutes. And well, you're not happy." I point out the obvious.

I can read it all over her face when she walked in.

"It's my problem, not yours." Alissa says in a finality tone.

I nod in silence before standing from my seat. "Just trying to help, Liss." I reply quietly.

"I didn't ask for your help! I don't need your help!" Alissa scowls and I blink at her in confusion.

Is she acting like this because of the baby? Or for reasons I don't know.

"What is it with all you men?! Asking if I'm okay and all this crap?! Can't a female have an off day without someone thinking somethings wrong!"

"Okay, okay." I hold my hands up. "I'm sorry."

Her hard gaze dims a little before her lips tremble and her eyes become glassy.

I gaze at her questioningly. "Liss?"

She sighs sadly.

"Are the water works coming?" I question cautiously.

She nods as her face completely falls and her eyes screw close.

I half smile before bringing her into my embrace as she whimpers into my shirt. Ignoring the throbbing pain, I wince slightly before closing my eyes and resting my chin against her head.

This isn't helping me. I shouldn't even be near her. I can't help myself.

After what felt like forever, I hear someone clear their throat from behind me and I painfully let go and turn to see Zayn standing in the doorway.

Looking down at her, Alissa hides her face, and wipes away her tears as quick as she can.

"Little brother." I greet Zayn with somewhat of a smile.