40.

I knew that getting involved with Zayn would mean that I'd end up coming back to the slave house.

Either way it wasn't going to settle well with me knowing what goes on in this place and what had happened while I was under him.

We were here last night but we didn't go as far as to go inside the house.

We were in the basements and I was hoping we didn't have to come back.

Just stepping foot inside brought back a lot of unwanted memories that I thought I was prepared for.

For the time being, we were only here to make an announcement to some slave owners that Zayn could trust.

Slave owners like, Porky who I definitely remembered.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Zayn wanted to stay.

Zayns hand tightens around my own and I pull him back before he turns to walk into the ballroom.

"I don't think I should go in there." I say nervously.

"You'll be okay." Zayn says quietly. "You'll be with me. Everyone in that room knows not to fuck with me."

"You're not exactly in the fighting stance." I murmur, gesturing down to his wound.

"You'd be surprised." Zayn smirks.

"Don't try anything. Please."

"I'm not. I'm just setting things straight. I have to go inside. Are you coming? If not, go in my room upstairs." Zayn says quietly, offering a hand.

I gaze down at his welcoming hand and then up at his soft gaze before signing and taking his hand.

He brings me in closer to leave a small kiss against my temple and we continue into the ballroom.

Gasps and whispers are thrown around the table when people notice Zayn is definitely alive and I swallow down the bile in my throat when they turn to face me.

I look away as Zayn reaches the end of the table and pulls out the seat for me.

In embarrassment, I sink down into the chair as Zayn stands at the end to face everyone.

His hands rest on each end of the table as his eyes scan the room.

"Look who raised from the dead." Porky smirks. "I knew you weren't dead, Lad." He chuckles.

Zayn smirks before nodding. "No. I'm not dead. Which brings you all here tonight."

I gaze around momentarily before looking down yet again.

"I wanted to make a formal announcement to my fellow slave owners." Zayn says.

My heart thumps in my chest. Why am I so damn nervous?!

"With the loss of our unborn baby," Zayn pauses and cases at me, appearing sad and I look down.

Oh. I have to play sad? Right. I sniff and wipe my nose until I feel someone from beside me pats my shoulder.

"Alissa and I are partnering together to take over My Slaves."

"Alissa Lacy?! The same slave you once sold?" A man calls out.

"Yes." Zayn says sternly. "She's my mistress and you are to treat her with respect."

Zayn grabs my hand, pulling me up to stand and I swallow.

"She doesn't look capable to even hurt anyone?" Someone says.

"Don't underestimate her." Zayn murmurs as I narrow my gaze at the guy.