45.

"Yeah! Well I fucking said that to him! . . Why the fuck would he want me to do this?! He knows I won't do it because of Alissa."

I opened my eyes slightly and groan quietly to myself as Zayn continues to talk in the lounge room.

"He's an idiot." Zayn scowls. "No. I don't want to do it but if it's the only way, I have to."

Pushing the blankets off my sweaty body, I yawn tiredly and climb out of the bed before lazily walking towards the closed bedroom door.

Opening slightly, I peak into the lounge room to find Zayn pacing around the room before stopping to gaze out the floor to ceiling window.

"I can't do it. I'd rather do this." Zayn says annoyed. "I'll make her understand."

He hangs up the phone and I slowly open the door as he runs his hand frustratedly through his hair.

I sneak up behind his tense posture before wrapping my arms around his torso gently.

"Hey." I murmur quietly.

"Hey." His voice is somewhat surprised. "Sorry, did I wake you?" Zayn asks.

"No, it's okay. What's wrong?" I question as he faces me.

His eyebrows are furrowed together in frustration.

"Nothing. It's- it's, Boots just called." Zayn says quietly before walking towards the sofa to sit down.

I stand in front of him and frown as his gaze focused on the ground.

"Talk to me." I question.

"Would you leave me?" He questions quietly before finally looking up at me.

I frown and slightly sit down on the coffee table behind me.

"Why are you asking me this?" I question.

"Because I might slip back to my old ways and I don't want to risk losing you. I know you said you wanted to join me, but-"

"That was for a different reason." I murmur.

"I know. And I know you don't like what I use to do, but I need to do this." Zayn says.

He grabs my hands, almost in desperation and I gaze at him intently.

"This is about you kidnapping innocent woman? Capturing girls." I shake my head. "Zayn. There must be other ways! You don't have to do this!"

Zayn shakes his head in frustration. "My father had spoken to the slave circle because he thought that I'd back down."

"You should back down." I murmur. "It's dangerous trying to go after something that's bigger than you."

He frowns and sighs quietly before pulling me up and towards him.

"Can't we just let it go for today and just relax?" I question quietly as his head rests gently against my stomach.

I half smile down at him as he gazed up at me.

Nodding he stands and slightly towers over me before leaning down to kiss me.

"How about we have something to eat?" He murmurs quietly.

I nod in agreement. "Okay. Sounds like a good idea."