28.

She had fallen asleep lot faster than I had thought she would. Considering we're in the dark, I would have thought it would have been a challenger for her.

But it's probably a different story when I'm around her.

I gaze down at her relaxed sleeping form and slide out of her bed.

I check her side table quietly and sift through the female draw.

The next draw was exactly the same and the last draw was locked.

I frowned and jiggled it a little more and sigh annoyed as she stirs in her sleep.

I freeze and watch carefully as she faces me, her eyes still closed.

After realising she's still in a deep sleep, I grab a hair pin and the tweezers from her top draw and fiddle around with the lock in the last draw.

When I hear that familiar snap, I smirk and jiggle it a little before opening it.

Gazing back at her, I swallow hard and gaze down at some of the stuff in there.

Passport, license, keys, forms — Gun.

I grab it out of the draw and check to see if it's loaded.

Shaking my head I pull the bullets out and place them back in the draw before closing it quietly.

With the gun in my hand, I make my way towards the door and Boots raises an eyebrow at me as he folds his arms.

I shove the gun in his chest and he sighs. "There. You happy now?!"

"You need to get your head out of her ass." Boots spits.

I close the door slowly, just enough so it wouldn't shut completely.

"Give me her phone." He murmurs.

I sigh annoyed and hand it to him as he connects it to my new phone.

"Your going to thank me later." Boots murmurs.

After a moment, he hands it back and I look back inside.

"I don't care if she took Sabina. She's harmless."

"I think there's more to her than you think." Boots says. "I'm just trying to look out for you."

I roll my eyes and nod. "Yeah I know." I whisper. "What if she's innocent."

"Then she's innocent."

"I don't want to waste anymore time. We could be getting Zaidan back and my cousin." I say.

"Well would she sacrifice herself?" Boots gestures to the apartment.

"Don't be stupid. Of course she won't. I'm done with this conversation. Take the fucking gun and go back to the quarters."

Boots rolls his eyes and nods. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod and make my way back inside. Closing the door quietly, I walk into the bedroom and slip back into bed next to her sleeping form.