Chapter Nine

She looked lost as her eyes studied my body. I stood there, with nothing to say, my eyes remaining on her face the whole time.

"A maid?" She tilted her head and my face went a bright red, "Hi maid" She held out her hand which I took and gave it a weak shake, a smile appearing on her face as I did so.

"XAAAAAAAANDER!" I jumped when the girl shouted and almost immediately Xander ran upstairs from wherever he was. He looked at my hand which was still in hers and I pulled it away.

That disgusting little player.... if this was his girlfriend how could he flirt with me like that.

"I need a word with you" My voice was low before they landed back on the girl. She looked to Xander then back to me before letting out a laugh and shaking her head as if I got everything wrong.

"Emma, get dressed" Xander sighed, picking up a blanket that was thrown over the banister and wrapped it around her. All I could do was watch as the girl looked up to Xander giving him a sweet smile.

"You're so kind" She murmured, "But Oscar will be wondering where I am" Her eyes widened in shock, "OH NO MY OSCAR! XANDER, OSCAR" Panic was clear in her eyes which worried me. What was happening?

"Calm down, he's here... I've fed him" His voice was cool as he attempted to calm the girl who I'm guessing was Emma. Xander read the confusion on my face, "Were you jealous?" He teased which earned a laugh from me.

"This is Emma, my friends sister" He introduced her... yeah that was totally believable.

"That's a lie. First of all, I can't imagine you having friends, second of all... what guy would let his sister stay at his friend's house. You could be sleeping with her" I snapped, getting riled up.

"Hey I thought she'd be gone by now"

"You want me gone?" Emma looked up at him with sad eyes. She looked to be about my age but her mindset was of a much younger person.

"No, I just thought you'd be gone. Stay as long as you want" He shrugged and a smile formed on her face, "And Oscar... that's her cat" He added and the story although seemed ridiculous was somehow believable.

Her blue eyes watched me once more. "Please tell me he didn't knock you up" I said, "Because I'm a maid, I ain't gonna be no nanny". An amused smile formed on her face and a twinkle appeared in her eyes as she advanced toward me.

Oh god, was she going to hit me...?

"No he didn't... I don't swing his way" She purred, "You look like a tasty treat though" She bit her lip and my face went a bright red as I took a step back. Okay now it makes sense... she was into girls.

"U-uhm I-"

"Behave yourself" Xander pulled Emma away from me shooting her a warning look which just made her grin.

"Keep your maid close or else I'm going to get her" She winked at me and I immediately looked to Xander who was waiting for my reaction. Once our eyes met, a smile appeared on his face.

"Ed's going to collect me in half an hour" She turned back to Xander who just nodded his head toward the room she had come out of, "Then go get dressed and get your things".

She skipped away after giving me one last wink and going into the room, leaving me just to stare at the door in absolute shock. "C'mon" Xander snapped me from my gaze and began heading downstairs where I immediately followed.

"Are you lesbian?" The question came from nowhere as I made my way down the stairs behind him. My jaw dropped at the question but he didn't look back at me to see my reaction.