Chapter Twenty-Eight

We seemed to stare at each for eternity. "M-Milania...?" His eyes were wide. Mr. Firona pushed up a bit, but kept me pinned down.

"I said get out!" Firona bellowed and Nick jumped. He seemed like he was about to flee before his eyes landed on me again then back to his master.

"But sir... t-"

"What I'm doing is none of your concern, now get out before you regret walking in" He said, as he placed one hand on my thigh. Nick seemed to notice this as his eyes grew.

He seemed like a deer caught in headlights. He stared at both of us, scared to do anything. I gave him a look that begged for help but he stood there, terrified.

"I SAID GET OUT!!!" He roared and Nick jumped a mile. I was just about to give up hope, thinking Nick was about to leave when I saw someone almost glide into the room.

The moment I saw him relief flooded through my body. Finally.

I saw relief in his eyes before they landed on Firona's. Anger was basically coursing through his body. I felt Mr. Firona's body go rigid above me. "Don't even move." He hissed to Xander, indicating the knife against my throat.

I felt sick. Xander didn't seem fazed at the knife. This was one thing I liked about him, he usually could keep his cool which often relaxed me.

"Unless you want your face to be pounded in I advise you let her go" Xander growled through gritted teeth. Mr. Firona only seemed amused by his words, "wouldn't it be hot though... to watch your maid get fucke-"

"You're disgusting" Xander didn't even let him finish his sentence.

"Oh come on, why keep such a hot maid if you ain't gonna rape her" Something seemed to go off in Xander. Before I knew what was happening a gargled cry came from Firona as the weight was lifted off me and the blade disappeared.

I pushed myself back up away into a corner as Xander stalked over and began landing punches into Mr. Firona... kicking him.. if he didn't stop he was gonna kill him.

Then why wasn't I stopping him? I stopped him last time. 

I just sat there, now that I knew I was safe I allowed myself to let out shaky breaths, but holding back any tears that wanted to spill. My eyes flicked to Nick's.

He watched me with a sad look, "I'm sorry" I didn't respond to that comment instead just mouthed, "Stop him".

Nick understood immediately and ran over to Xander, grabbing his arm only to receive an elbow in the gut. He let out a choked cry, bringing his hands to his stomach. I couldn't move, I just watched the scene unfold.

"Stop you'll kill him!" Nick cried, wincing slightly from the pain Xander had caused him.

"That's a good thing" Xander's eyes seemed dark. He looked like someone who was out for blood, it was scary seeing as he was calm most of the time.

"Not if you go to jail" Nick argued, regaining a proper stance now, his posture fixed up straight.

"At this moment in time I couldn't give two shíts" He stared down at the now unconscious Mr. Firona. My breaths became heavy, he wasn't dead was he?

"Well..." Nick seemed to hesitate what he was going to say next, "Then if you go to jail... I'll look after Milania" I could see Xander tense up slightly. Did Nick want to die?

I pushed myself up weakly as Xander turned around to face Nick, "Look after her? You stared at her! Just watched her when she wa- when that disgusting creature had her pinned down! You did nothing!" He looked like he was about to hit Nick so I hurried and wrapped my arms around him, tugging him back.

"Please don't"

His body seemed to relax at my touch and he glanced back at me. I made eye contact with Nick and mouthed "go" before Xander finally turned around fully.

"He's a coward" He sighed and now I stopped him.

"He'd also be dead if I didn't stop you" I frowned and I thought I almost saw Xander smile but it was probably my imagination.

His eyes wondered over me and only now did I realize how much I was shaking. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his chest. I took in his scent, closing my eyes, feeling safe. "Come on" He mumbled before taking my hand and leaving the closet like place.

He locked the door behind us and only now did I realize we were back in the room where I had passed out. We were seriously that clos- suddenly I felt a breeze flew under my dress and my eyes widened... he still had my panties.

I slowly backed to the door, "I need to get something, wait here..." I didn't want to tell him what it was until he pulled something from his back pocket.

I flushed when my eyes landed on my panties... I wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I snatched them away from him, expecting a smile on his face but he didn't seemed the slight bit amused.

"How much did he touch you?"

I bit down on my lip, averting my eyes before heading to the door that lead back to the lounge, "Can we not?" I didn't want him to get angrier.

I was just about to reach the door when he grabbed my wrist. I turned back to him and his eyes were wide, "Did he-" He couldn't get out the words and I understood it straight away.

"If you're asking if I was raped... no" I said quietly, not wanting to point out how I was pretty close to it. When the thought crossed my mind right there I almost felt like crying. I all of a sudden wanted to be alone and just burst in tears.

I looked up to him slowly, "I need to go to the bathroom" I told him quietly.

"Not on your own, wait until we get Tina" I pulled my wrist from his hand, shaking my head before walking into the lounge which was almost empty except for a maid and master making out on the far couch, taking no notice of us.

"I'm fine on my own, nothing's going to happen" My voice was hushed.

"I don't want you on y-"

"IT'S NOT YOUR CHOICE!"I whisper-yelled at him and he stared at me, taken aback by my reaction. I slowly dropped my head, thinking he would be annoyed at me.

Instead he took my hand and brought me over to the couch we were on earlier, sitting down then pulling me down onto his lap so I was straddling him, "Xander, I need to g-"

"Cry already" He sighed and my brow furrowed, giving him a confused look.

"What?"

"I know you're tough but you need to let down your wall sometimes. Stop being stubborn and just cry."

"I don't need too." I argued giving him a stupid look.

"Milania, anyone in your situation would be in bits right now... it's not good to bottle things up." His voice was soft which almost made me laugh... never in the past would I have thought Xander would turn into someone like this.

"I'm not like other girls, I-"

"Stop it!" He interrupted me which led me to close my eyes, "I said anyone, not just girls. You don't need to go to the bathroom to use the toilet, I'm not dumb. I know why you're going there and you need to cut this fucking act. I know you must have felt alone in the past but that's not what it's going to be like forever. Stop trying to act tough, pretending you don't need to cry, you're not human if you don't! I can't think of anyone who could go through everything you went through and not break down, so just let down your walls for one minute and cry" He seemed frustrated and I just stared back at him in shock.

My breathing sped up slightly and I felt my bottom lip quiver. Almost immediately his eyes softened.

Don't you dare!

But I couldn't hold it when the tears began to leak and spill from my eyes. I bit my lip, to hold back the whimper that threatened to escape. He wrapped one hand around my waist, bringing his other to the back of my head, pulling me into his chest.

"I'm not crying" I whimpered, my tears staining his shirt. He said nothing... he just let me be.