Part Two: Chapter Thirty Eight

Now remember this takes place two chapters before the valentine one. So this was before the last chapter.

Enjoy
---

I lay against Xander, my stomach felt like it was about to burst. I had repeatedly drank water, sorry, I was forced to drink water for ages to 'sober' up.

Two hours later and I was lying against Xander feeling ill. "You get drunk easily but you sober up quick" Xander commented earning a scowl from me.

"You forced me to drink glasses of water, of course I'm sobering up!" I snapped, "Why would you let Seth take Eva away so early?"

"It's not my choice"

"He could hurt her"

"He didn't cause the bruise"

"How do we know she's not just lying for him? She could be terrified of him and he threatened her not to say anything"

Xander didn't even hesitate or think about it which kind of reassured me for some reason, "Seth isn't that type of guy Mils. I told you about him and Poppy, he'd never hit or hurt her"

"Yeah, he only makes her feel like a piece of crap" I commented and he sighed.

"Listen, I'm going to talk to Henry about getting someone new to hire her soon"

"I thought you preferred the term 'bought'" I said, remembering the words he said when he 'kidnapped' me. He frowned at this and almost looked upset by what I said.

"I'm sorry, I was teasing you back then"

Oh.

I didn't know how to respond to that so I just let out a small laugh, "I'm not mad Xander, you don't need to apologize" I pushed myself up and hurriedly steadied myself to stop myself from falling over.

"Okay I'm ready" We had decided to head home. It was getting late, and people were already drunk out of their minds. I was also scared one of his family members would start asking me questions about our relationship.

That was a huge no.

"Okay, let's g- Wait" Xander paused, "Are you alright to wait here for a minute?" He asked me. My brows knitted together, "Why?"

"I want to go talk to Henry.. about Seth and Evangeline" He said slowly, "The quicker it's done, the better"

"I FORGOT TO GIVE HER MY NUMBER!!!" I shouted causing Xander to jump. He shot me a small glare making me laugh slightly before returning to the matter at hand.

"I've Seth's number, don't worry"

I scrunched up my face, "I don't want his number! I want Eva's" His eyes went up when I said this.

"I'll ask him for her number then give it to you moron" He shook his head, "Now sit down and wait" I narrowed my eyes at his order.

"Woof woof" My voice was filled with sass but instead of saying sorry he just grinned.

"Good girl" My jaw ticked. He was asking for a slap, "I'll be back in a minute, don't randomly disappear like you somehow manage to do every single time"

I nodded my head, laying back, sinking into the softness of the couch. I honestly just wanted to go home. Tonight was fun but I was extremely tired and just wanted to sleep. After all that happened tonight.. okay to be fair the only proper big thing that happened was that.. well I wasn't exactly single anymore.

I closed my eyes for what seemed to be two seconds before feeling myself being shaken. "Finally, I thought you were dead" Xander was all up in my face, "You were out like a log"

I shoved him back, dazed, "I fell asleep?"

He laughed, "You always seem surprised that you fell asleep when you wake up. I've been gone ten minutes and I come back to you snoring"

"I don't snore" I retorted, "How did it go?"

He shrugged, "Alright, I guess. He didn't see anything wrong with Eva and Seth tonight so he was quite reluctant at first. I think he changed his mind because of my persistence, he got worried and thought she was being abused"

"She is"

He frowned, "Not physically. I wouldn't call it abuse either"

"You don't know what goes on behind closed doors" I stated.

"Tina always seems to know that we do the 'dirty'" He mimicked on what I called it.

I blinked.

"Do you always have to bring our sexual activities into our conversations?"

"Sexual activities?" He laughed, "That sounds weird"

I rolled my eyes. Sometimes he could be so immature while other times he acted twice his age. He was hard to understand at times. He pulled me up from the couch, "C'mon sleepyhead, you look like you're about to fall back asleep"

I followed him out of the room before we made our way to where everyone else was. After what seemed like an eternity of 'goodbyes' and people requesting us to stay longer we finally managed to escape.

Maggie walked us out, informing us that Henry had to keep the place under control but he said goodbye.

"I'm so happy for you" She said to both of us, "Young love is adorable"

My face flushed and Xander's hand snaked around my waist, "Almost adorable as Milania"

My face grew hotter and I fidgeted awkwardly. He didn't do this to be 'cute', he did this because he knew how awkward I would get because of it. This was confirmed when I saw the sly grin on his face, shooting a wink my way, both of us ignoring the 'awww' that came from Maggie.

"Please make sure to visit us more often" She almost begged, "Isaac loves when you two come. Aww can you imagine having a little Isaac of your own?!"

My eyes widened.

No thanks.

"Slow down Mags" Xander stopped her, "We're leaving now due to that statement, enough goodbye's"

I gave her a weak wave as he tugged me away from the house to my relief. Why did people have to say that dumb crap? Did they not know what age we were?

I wasn't judging teenage moms, it just wasn't for me. Having a child so young was a no. I guess I respected them if they managed it and turned into a good mother but I couldn't.

Maybe thirty...

Are you really thinking about having a baby?

"What are you thinking?" I glanced up to Xander, frowning at his question.

"Nothing"

"You have that serious look on you. Where your eyebrows are furrowed and you stare directly ahead when you're thinking hard"

I narrowed my eyes, "I do not do that"

"Tell me" He tilted his head.

"No"

"Babies?"

"What?"

"Were you thinking about what Maggie said?" He frowned, "Don't stress Mils. I don't plan to have any babies until you're ready" He grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "You're acting as if we have a whole planned future, where we marry, have babies, live a happy family life. Hold the ropes there cowboy"

"You don't want that?"

"Hey, I'm the girl in the relationship. I'm the one supposed to be bringing those things up and get excited about it, you're the guy who gets nervous and thinks 'What the hell?'" I pointed out.

"You're not a normal girl though so I'll do your part for you"

I couldn't help but laugh, "You're an idiot"

"You're my idiot" He responded, "I'm just kidding about all that stuff. Don't worry" He opened the door for me and a small smile grew on my face, when I got in.

Why I ever ran away from this moron was beyond me. Love blinded me, I didn't know what I was doing. That was my excuse.