Chapter Thirty-Four

"Why are you sulking?" I stared at the window with my arms folded, an annoyed look stuck on my face. We had said goodbye to the others and left Evangeline in Tina's care.

"I'm not sulking" I mumbled, keeping my gaze outside the window at the black sky. There weren't many stars out tonight, well they were probably being blocked by the clouds.

"Tina told me something" He said which made me slowly turn to him, narrowing my eyes. What did she say now?

He grinned upon seeing my reaction before turning his eyes back to the road. "And what was that?" I pushed him to go on.

"She said Evangeline liked me."

"And?" I rolled my eyes.

"And she said you got jealous. Not only when Evangeline said she likes me but when I was complimenting her and saying she was an angel." His lip twitched and I pulled a face.

"Why on earth would I be jealous?" I scowled and he stayed silent, seeming to be thinking something over in his head. When he said nothing I pursed my lips, "So she's an angel huh? I'm an angel too!" He chuckled when I said this.

"Milania, if you're jealous that I called her ang-"

"Not jealous."

"Sure." He said quickly, "But I can't call you angel"

"Even though I don't care, why is that?"

"You're more like.... a hot slash cute vicious demon." I smiled when he said that and quickly looked away from him, feeling my face heat up slowly. That was the weirdest compliment I'd ever received but for some reason it was also my favorite.

"Oh." I mumbled quietly.

"Milan," I looked over to him when he called me, "Why were you jealous?"

"I said I wasn't jeal-"

"And I say you're lying" He was serious, "Now tell me, why were you jealous?" I wasn't going to lie to myself, I had felt a slight bit of jealousy when she said that but I wasn't mad at her. Just more... upset.

"I don't know" I muttered, "I thought you'd make her your maid instead of me the way you were going on." I grumbled into my hand as I brought my feet up on the seat. My shoes were off so I was just in my long stockings.

"Wouldn't that make you happy? You always say I kidnapped you and you'd rather go back to Henry." He was investigating to deep into this and I didn't like it.

"I'm getting used to your annoying ass, it would be annoying to have to move again." I shrugged as if it was nothing and he hesitated.

"I wouldn't swap you" He said and I bit my lip to hold back the smile that wanted to appear on my lips. I was just glad he couldn't see me right now. I glanced over to him, pausing when I saw him watching me with a smirk, "That makes you happy?"

"No." My face dropped almost immediately, "Keep your eyes on the road." I growled and he just rolled his eyes but did as he was told. He seemed like he needed to say something but instead reached for the radio and turned it up slightly.

I tuned out, not listening to what was playing on the radio. Suddenly the car chucked slightly and made a weird noise, "SOMEONE PLANTED A BOMB!" I shouted which earned a strange look from Xander.

He slowly pulled onto the side of the road before the car came to an unsteady stop. "Wait here" He got out of the car and I quickly followed him. Once I was outside he gave me a look that said 'Really bitch?'. I just gave him a sheepish smile and he shook his head, "Why?"