Chapter Thirty-Three

I was out of the car in the flash, about to charge at Mr. Tyrese before Xander gripped me, spinning me around so I was behind him.

"Xander stop!" I tried to get past him, was he seriously letting her go? Wasn't he the one that went mental when Mr. Firona was like that to me. I attempted to get around him again but he held on tight.

"Stay here, I'll deal with it." His voice was stern and I stopped struggling before my eyes met with Evangeline. I gave her a reassuring look and I could see her eyes pleading with mine but at the same time she was concerned if I went over.

"I know that you rang Henry about taking her as well." He informed me, "Now stay here." He pushed me back to Tina, shooting her a look. Did he think she was my babysitter or something? I was the one who was always looking out for her... in the past anyway.

He strolled over to Tyrese casually before pausing in front of him. He talked to him and it seemed like a casual conversation, they almost looked like friends. Tyrese slowly let go of Evangeline's hair and she quickly gripped her scalp.

I felt useless watching from a distance. All of a sudden Mr. Tyrese's eyes went to fury when Xander wrapped his arm around Evangeline, tugging her behind him.

A small smile appeared on Xander's lips and he said something while shrugging. Tyrese cussed at him loudly before reaching around to grab Evangeline but in an instance Xander had sent him to the ground with a punch.

My jaw dropped as he was immediately knocked out and both Tina and Evangeline's jaw dropped. Xander looked surprised himself before turning back to me with a confused look. He walked toward us, making sure Evangeline was with him the whole time.

"I didn't mean to." He said like a child before guiding Evangeline in front of him. She turned around to him. "T-thank you." She mumbled quietly, gazing down at the ground.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice was gentle as he watched her with a concerned look, making her look up at him when he reached out for her chin, raising her head lightly.

"Y-yes..." She whimpered, biting her lip quietly as Xander gave her a soft smile.

"Are you positive? Did he hurt you?" He seemed to examine her face for any marks or injuries. She stayed silent, holding in shaky breaths as she watched him closely. An unusual feeling made me gut churn as I watched them.

"I'm fine now..." Her voice was soft.

"Now?" He frowned, "He hurt you?"

"Earlier... but like I said I'm fine now, it wasn't even bad." She quickly said and Xander gave her a look which said he didn't believe her.

"What?" She asked, "I'm really fine." She said quickly, shooting him a gentle smile.

He gave her a caring look, "An angel should never be hurt."

AN ANGEL? WHAT?

Why was I getting so worked up?

"They'd make a cute couple." Tina whispered to me and I pursed my lips.

Nope... they wouldn't.

"I guess." I murmured silently.

Tina gave me a knowing look, a sly smile growing on her face but I threw my eyes up with a grunt. My eyes returned to Xander and Evangeline who watched him with eyes that were shining.

"Well that's good" He mumbled, I had missed what she said, "Tina and Milan will look after you. I've got to go get the parking ticket" He said before glancing to me. We watched each other momentarily and he seemed to be studying me.

"What?" I snapped and he cocked an eyebrow before shaking his head, "Nothing. I'll be right back" He turned and walked off to wherever the parking meter was.

Evangeline turned back to us with a shy smile, playing with her fingers. "Is that your master?" She asked quietly and I nodded my head.

"Are you alright?" I asked, looking over her but not seeing any bruises. She nodded her head quickly, avoiding eye contact, "I'm glad." I gave her a sincere smile and she looked up at me with interested eyes.

"Do you like Mr. Hawke?" She asked and my brow furrowed.

What?

"Just call him Xander." Tina butted in.

"Xander... that's a nice name." Evangeline spoke to herself before her eyes returned to me, "Uhm... do you like him... like like him?" She asked nervously.

I swallowed a lump in my throat before shaking my head. She seemed to pause again, "Really? Do you like working for him?"

"....Really" I hesitated saying the word, "And I suppose it's okay." I shrugged. It was more than okay lately, I actually really didn't mind working for him.

"What do you think of maid and master relationships?" Where on earth were all these questions coming from?

"I, for one, think they're awesome." Tina said although she wasn't asked. I thought about her answer in my head before returning to reality and looking down at Evangeline.

"There's not many of them but I guess they're alright?" I paused, "Why?"

The answer, that for some reason I didn't want, came out of her mouth.

"Because... I think I like Mr. Hawke."