Part Two: Chapter Forty

To anyone who loves this book and hasn't read Match Maid in Hell, I'd totally check it out if I were you. It links to this book and a lot of people are saying it's a cuter love story and a better book than this!

----

"I'm fine" I slapped his hand away as he reached for my forehead to check my temperature, "It's just the after affect of the hang over"

"It's been two days. Can we please go to the doctor?"

"Xander" I pushed myself up from the lying position I was in on the couch, "I'm just sleepy, not sick. Calm down"

He sighed, "I don't want to go off tomorrow if you're still feeling like this"

I shot him a look, "If you don't go, I'll be mad. You know how bad women are when they're mad"

He grinned at my response and shook his head. I lay back down, resting my head on his lap. He looked down at me, eyeing me carefully.

"We need to talk"

"About?" I made sure not to over-react again.

"You.. being my maid."

My brow furrowed and all he got in response was a confused look, "What about me being your maid? Am I not good enough?" I asked sarcastically.

His right eyebrow wagged and he just shook his head, "No. You're my girlfriend"

"Really? I wasn't aware" More sarcasm came from my mouth but I shut it quickly at the stern look I received. He was serious about whatever he was about to talk about which of course made me anxious.

"I don't lik- it's just... I don't find it respectful for my girlfriend to be my maid. I mean, me paying you makes me feel like I'm forcing you to be my girlfriend or something."

I blinked, "I like being your maid"

"I don't care about that. It doesn't feel right. Do you know how bad it sounds your girlfriend being your maid? Just, I don't know... I'm thinking maybe you should quit. Like nothing will change, you'll still live here but you won't work for me, if that makes sense"

I frowned and once again sat up, "I don't like that idea. It'll take ages for me to get a job because I've barely no experience or anything. And that's like... we're going out like two days and I'm already moving in, I mean I had an excuse because I was your maid but if I'm not your maid. What if we break up too?" I couldn't stop my mind wandering.

"Calm down Mils. It was just a thought. Take your time getting a job or just be a house wife or whatever. We're a thing, I'll financially support you, or even get a job at Henry's business that I help run. You've lived here ages, it doesn't make a difference whether you're my maid or girlfriend"

"I don't want to live off your money and not work. That's like a gold digger move, and I'm not down for that"  I frowned. I tried to ignore the word house-wife, because well it had the word wife in it.

"You're not living off my money. Look, I'm just saying, I don't like my girlfriend being my maid. It's disrespectful and I feel like it looks like I'm putting you on a lower level than me." He really seemed upset by this.

I responded with a small smile, "Such a gentleman" I joked before planting a soft kiss on his lips, "So does that mean the maid costume would get thrown out and you can't order me around?" 

"Don't worry" He smirked, "We'll use that maid costume for role-play and you know I'll always order you around in the bedroom baby"

My face heated but I just laughed and rolled my eyes, sitting back, "Yeah, whatever"