Part Two: Chapter Twenty Six

THE BOOK IS RELEASED. I repeat 'A match Maid in hell' is now out. Go and check that shiz out.

---

"She's so cute" Hollie was fast asleep on the couch with a blanket over her. Her chest rose up and down in a steady beat, her snores barely audible. She looked so comfy, I almost wanted to be her.

"She is" Xander sighed, pushing himself to a standing position. He had told her a story but soon enough she was asleep, "I thought you said you weren't good with kids"

"I'm not" I frowned.

"You are, she loves you. Mwania" I rolled my eyes at the name.

"Because I have her biscuits"

He watched me for a moment before shaking his head with a sigh, "You don't take compliments well" He glanced down at his watch with a frown, "It's almost eleven, they should be back soon"

I sat down on the couch, "I wanted to play with her more"

He brought his eyes from the watch, up to my face, "Thought you said you didn't like kids."

"I never said that. I said I wasn't good with them. Kids are great, they're like little monkeys"

This earned me a strange look from Xander, "Well, I think you're great with kids" He seemed to think, "Do you want kids?"

"Like... actually have kids myself?"

He nodded his head and I shook mine, no.

"Why?" 

"Firstly, the pain of giving birth. I'd rather not have myself rip apart. Secondly, I'd probably  drop the kid on it's head and be a terrible mom. Thirdly, I can't see myself with kids"

"Oh come on, the more we have sex, the easier it'll be" My lips went into a thin line, "And I think you'd be a great mother. I mean the way you handled Hollie today, she didn't cry or throw a tantrum once"

I shrugged, "Emma and Hailey taught her well I guess" I paused, "What ever happened to Cynthia?"

He scowled, "Don't know and I don't care. Emma just ignores her calls. She still has Ed though, her brother."

"And you"

"Yeah, and me" He seemed zoned out.

"Are you alright?" I asked him. He turned to me, before nodding his head. He came over and sat down on the couch beside me.

"How much did you hate me before?"

"A lot" I laughed.

"Thanks for that. Sit" He pointed to his lap.

My eyebrows raised automatically. Did he think I was a dog or something? "Please" Okay. Since he said please.

And since you really want too.

No.

I straddled him, allowing his hands to land on my waist. "Have you heard anything from Seth and Evangeline?" He shook his head. 

"No but I told Henry a while ago to take her and find a new place. Hopefully he's d- DAMMIT" I jumped when he said that, my heart almost came out of my throat. What the hell?

He let out a groan, "I totally forgot. Henry's having a family dinner soon and he's literally forcing me to go"

"Aww that's cute"

"Not really. When I say family, I mean a lot of family. Cousins, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles. All the relatives"

"Oh. Sucks for you."