Part Two: Chapter Thirty One

Xander elbow nudged my stomach light which earned a glare from me. "Stop staring" He said, for the second time. 

Eva and Seth had sat down in the two seats across from us, the other side of the table. I was basically grinning at them. Seth noticed once and just looked away, looking like he didn't care about anything.

Eva looked at me questioningly and once I wiggled my eyebrows, she understood straight away. Her eyes had widened, basically the size of bowling balls, okay not literally. She shook her head repeatedly and stopped the moment Seth glanced at her.

Her cheeks her gone red which made me only grin wider.

I watched Jace, who was sitting the other side of Evangeline, flirt with her. It went Seth, Evangeline, Jace, then others down the table.

"So Blondie, you free tonight?" Jace 'joked'.

Her face went red and she shifted in her sheet. "Uh...." She seriously didn't know what to say. Xander stayed in silence, just watching the scene unfold in front of him.

I could see Seth's eyes flick to Jace now and again every time he spoke. He looked away but made eye contact with me for a moment. He raised his eyebrows, as if asking why I was watching him.

I just grinned and shrugged my shoulders. He rolled his eyes and looked away.

How friendly.

"Calm down, I'm messing" Jace chuckled, "You're too beautiful to fúck on the first date. I mean, as much as I would love to see that bod-"

"Jace" Xander interrupted, noticing how awkward Evangeline looked.

"Sorry" He grinned, "I'm joking about, she knows that. I wasn't kidding when I said you're gorgeous though" He winked at her. She bit her lip and almost smiled.

She wasn't used to compliments.

I raised my hand in the air and made a 'pshhh' noise. The noise an air freshener would make. The group within hearing distance a.k.a Seth, Eva, Xander and Jace looked to me.

"What are you doing?" Xander asked.

"The smell of fuckboy was stinking up the room. Just you know, trying to get it away"

Xander snorted and I noticed Eva's eyes grow wide. Seth had an eyebrow cocked, watching me curiously but when he noticed I saw him, he turned away.

Jace just grinned, "Jealous you aren't getting attention babe?"

"I get all the attention I want from him" I nodded toward Xander.

"She's very clingy" Xander joined in and I shoved him hard, "I'm messing about Mils."

My eyes went back to Jace who somehow managed to drag his chair closer to Eva. It looked like she was holding her breath. "I bet you don't get as many compliments as you should" He wrapped his arm around the back of her chair.

"I-I, well-"

I saw his hand slowly make it's way down her arm, "You're so gorgeous, y'know that?"

"U-uhm n-"

"Evie" Seth interrupted. My brow furrowed. Evie? What the hell? Wasn't that some brown fox in a game?

Evangeline immediately sat up and turned toward him. Seth seemed to pause for a minute before shifting and knocking his fork off the table. "I need a new fork" His voice was low.

"She's not your mai- Wait... " I hesitated, "You can't order her around when you're at an event" I stood up for her.

His eyes snapped to me and basically shot daggers.