Chapter Forty Three

His eyes studied my face, waiting for my reaction. I chewed on the inside of my lip nervously before leaning back in the seat slowly. "Really?" 

"Really" He confirmed in which I just nodded my head to slowly. 

"You want to share who that person is?" I had a pretty good guess but I could be wrong. Sure he flirts with me, but for all I know he could have a thing for Tina now.

"Is it not obvious?" He began the car and I did my best to avoid looking at him when he began pulling out of the hospital. I shrugged in response to what he had just asked, maybe it was.

"Why did you buy me off Henry?" I changed subject.

"To annoy you"

I rolled my eyes, why else?

"Oh wow, thanks for that"

"I missed annoying you so I was pretty excited when I saw you" He chuckled. 

"You didn't annoy me as much as you used to though. You used to shove me and call me names, now you just tease me" I pointed out. He said nothing for a minute before letting out a small sigh, "I know and I'm sorry"

"Sorry?" I questioned him.

"It wasn't very nice of me to push a girl or call her names. I was immature back then" He seemed sincere about this and I couldn't help but feel bad. 

"It wasn't very nice of me to fight back" I laughed and I saw a small smile appear on his lips. He kept his eyes on the road the whole time before finally asking, "Millie, have you ever had a boyfriend?" My eyes widened when he asked me.

"I don't have time for that stuff" I pulled a face.

"That stuff?" He pushed further, "What do you mean by that?"

"Relationships, it's way to stressful. You go out with someone, they become pretty much your best friend but if you end the relationship everything changes. You usually hate each other or it just gets awkward so I think it just ruins friendships" 

"It doesn't ruin it if  you don't end the relationship. It gets better" He pointed out which I just responded by shrugging.

"Which is even scarier"

"Scarier?" He arched an eyebrow, giving me a side-ways glance.

"The person you go out with, they're either going to break your heart and things will get awkward or... you'll end up getting married and being together forever.. now that's scary" I admitted and he seemed to think for a minute.

"Are you scared of spending your life with the same person forever? You think you'll want to end it?" 

I hesitated, "Is this an intervention?"

When he didn't reply, waiting for my answer I just shrugged, "Well relationships are stressful like I said. People worry if their partner is cheating on them"

"They won't cheat if they love you"

"You don't know if they love you for real"

"You'd know." He said slowly, "You sound scared of relationships more than hating them"

I frowned, "They are scary though! You're heart will be broke and who wants that... as well as that, food is all that I need in life"

"I told you, it won't be broke if the person loves you. You just have to find the right person" He argued.

I almost laughed at this, "I'm pretty sure no guy  would manage to be able to spend the rest of there life with me. I'm pretty sure they'd kill me. I like being a free bird anyway. That's my plan in life" I yawned, glancing out the window.