Chapter Thirty-Six

I'm a bit worried about myself. I'm seriously addicted to paranormal and supernatural stuff lately that I'm almost more focused on my new book 'The Devils Angel' than this. I have so many ideas for other supernatural books but I'm not going to try write them *Cries inside*

Anyways, enjoy. (Not Edited)

-----------

My eyes fluttered open and I threw my head around, my eyes scanning the room. I had a needle in my hand which was attached to a drip. Oh god, not needles.

"Get it out" I let out a whine before feeling a presence next to me. Xander stood up from the seat I only now noticed he had been sitting on with a frown plastered on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me how bad you were feeling?" He asked but I said nothing. It wasn't my fault I wasn't caring about myself at the time, my best friend had just been in a car crash. 

"I didn't realize how sick I felt" My voice was hoarse and he passed me a cup of water which I gulped down in a matter of seconds. I held out the cup with a frown, indicating I wanted more and he held back a smile on his face.

"No" My eyes widened at the refusal.

"I'm thirsty" I whined but he didn't move and I waited for an answer. "Last time I went to get you a drink when I came back a bunch of nurses were around you and you were passed out on the floor" He frowned but I only shrugged. It was just a fainting spell, not that bad.

"The wall is fine though, don't worry" He grinned and my brow furrowed.

"What wall?"

"The nurse asked me were you on something. She said you stood up and crashed into a wall and kept apologizing to it" He explained, trying to hold back a laugh and I pulled a face, embarrassed. Nice going.

"Hey, I thought it was a person, I couldn't see" I argued before hesitating... Tina... "Xander, how long until Tina's out?"

He blinked once before glancing down to his watch, "She should be out any moment" He informed me and I raised my eyebrows. Time flew..

"Why was the operation so quick?" I was slightly worried, that couldn't be a good sign. He shook his head, "You've been out for two and a half hours" My eyes widened.

"What?!" My jaw dropped before my head tilted lightly, "Did you sleep?" He shook his head. I let out a sigh.

"Have a nap"

"I'm fine"

"Pl-"

"I'm fine Millie" I didn't even scowl at the nickname. I was concerned for him, he must be wrecked. He saw my expression and must have understood because he gave me a reassuring look, "I'll sleep when we go home"

I was about to continue the argument before a trolley rolled past with nurses pushing it. "It's Tina!" I yelped as I attempted to get out of the bed but the needle in my hand tugged. I felt my knees weaken, I hated needles.

"Dammit" I snapped at the drip.

"Don't move so quick, calm down" Xander sighed and I quickly grabbed the drip that was on wheels, tugging it along  behind me. I opened the door, holding it with my leg before pulling the drip behind me.

Xander quickly followed, "Stop" He told me, "Let me help" I slapped his hand that was nearing me shooting him a look that said  'Don't'. He shook his head with a sigh and I noticed a nurse giving me a wary look.

"Ma'am, y-"

"Shh" I shushed her and I heard Xander groan as I rushed to the room that the trolley had turned into. I heard Xander speak to the nurse, "I'm sorry about her, she's-" I ignored the rest of the sentence, my only goal to reach Tina.

Just as I was at the room door a nurse stopped me from going into the room, an annoyed look on her face. "No visitors" I scowled at her tone of voice.

"I'm her best friend"

"No visitors" Her voice was stone cold, "She just came out of surgery, she won''t be awake for a good few hours so no visitors, I don't care what you are to her" There were bags under her eyes and I could tell she was tired.

I didn't care, she was rude as hell. I eyed the drip, imagining myself pick it up and whacking her across the head. "Listen here y-"

"Milania behave, we're going home" Xander grabbed my hand that was holding the metal bar of the drip extremely tight. My jaw dropped. Was he serious right now? He was agreeing with this cow?

He saw the frantic look on my face, "Listen" The nurse slipped past us, making her escape, as Xander began to talk to me, "She won't be awake for hours and we can't go into her. Time will pass if we go home,  I promise we'll come here first thing tomorrow. You need rest" 

I wanted to tell him no, that I just had rest before thinking of him. He must be feeling like crap right now. I nodded my head reluctantly, "Fine" I sighed, "I need this needle out of me first"I looked to the needle, thinking of it stuck in my vein and I couldn't handle it.

I passed out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were in the car on our way home, half an hour later.

"How do you faint from seeing a needle?" We were bickering over what had just happened.

"Bec- Can we not talk about them?" I felt myself weaken at the image. I hated them! Like just... no.

He pulled up into the drive, shaking his head before exiting the car. I copied his actions and hurried to the front door which he began opening after he pressed the button on the keys and locked his car. I tapped my foot impatiently.

He finally unlocked it, allowing me to step inside first. We both quickly took off our shoes, placing them near the door before sleepily climbing the stairs. What time was it? Like five a.m?

We paused outside his room for a minute and watched each other. "Well, goodnight" I murmured softly and he frowned. I gave him a small smile before turning away, heading toward my room.

"Milania" I looked back at him, "If you want to sleep with me tonight, I don't mind" I bit the inside of my cheek. I wanted too... I needed to. After everything I knew if I didn't have someone I'd have bad nightmares.

I debated before shaking my head, no. I didn't want to be seen as weak and frail. "I'm fine" My voice was quiet before I waved a small goodbye and headed back to my room. It felt cold when I entered and I sighed.

I was too lazy to even change. I had gotten strange looks when I walked into the hospital, I even heard someone whispering "Is she cosplaying?". If I hadn't been so worried I would have talked back.

I fell onto the bed, slowly shimmying under the covers and resting my head on the cool pillow. I  brought my hands squeezing the pillow tightly and nuzzling into it. 

"Come on" I tensed up when I heard his voice, shutting my eyes. Why was I pretending to be asleep, no one falls asleep that fast. 

I loosened my grip on the pillow and pushed myself up weakly with a sigh. "I'm fine" I told him and the look on his face was clear he didn't believe me. 

"Fine then" He pulled off his suit jacket and blouse so I averted my eyes from his gorgeou- 

Stop.

"What are you doing?!" I hissed.

He didn't even look at me as he unbuckled his belt then removed his pants, only leaving him in his boxers. My face heated up slightly and he cocked an eyebrow, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Calm down baby girl, I'm not going to do anything" He chuckled before climbing into my bed next to me.

Baby girl? Excuse me?

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Out now" I was surprised when he did as told and got out of the bed. I couldn't help the sinking feeling inside when he began walking to the door. Instead of leaving, he flicked the light switch so the light turned off before retreating to the bed.

"Night Milania"

I turned away from him.

I couldn't let him see me smile.