1

•Kaila's POV•

It was late Sunday night, and I'd yet to find a camp. Even with all my research. My parents were out at dinner with our new pastor, and my oldest brother was away at college. So it was just me and Kallen.

Kallen was my favorite brother. He was the one who'd convinced me to go to Fusion. But we'd always been close.

"Hey, Kal, could I talk to you?" I asked, walking into the living room.

He was seated on the couch, watching something on Netflix. Our parents said we had to choose between Netflix and cable TV, because having both was too expensive. So we'd chosen Netflix.

"Sure, Kay. What's up?"

I sighed as I folded my legs criss-cross-applesauce on the couch beside him. "I'm having trouble finding a church camp. I know I can't go to Fusion anymore, but I still want to go somewhere. Any suggestions? I've tried research."

"Oh, there's this church a couple miles away that does a camp every year. It's called Encounter," Kallen informed me.

"Really? How come it didn't show up on the Internet?"

"I don't know. Maybe they don't have a website. But it's definitely open. You could give it a try."

"Okay, I will. But can you come with me...? I don't want to go all alone."

He smiled. "Sure. After all, if some boy tries to steal your heart, I have to be there to kick his butt for you!"

I laughed. "Whatever. How are you and Ellen?"

Ellen was Kallen's girlfriend. They'd been dating for over a year.

"We're good. But she's been busy a lot lately. So I haven't seen her in awhile."

"I'm sorry. Maybe you could plan a special evening just for the two of you. Like a fancy dinner-"

"That's sweet and all, Kay, but I'm not exactly a billionaire. Working three days a week at JCPenny doesn't really make me the richest guy in the world."

"But it does get me discounts," I reminded him.

"Oh yes, how could I forget?"

We laughed and moved on to other things. It was always a fun, but relaxed, time with Kallen. We were both kind of easygoing, which is probably why we got along so well.

I hoped he would come to Encounter Camp with me. That is, if it wasn't too late to sign up. I still had to look into it. But I had a really good feeling about all of this.

- - -
A/N: Kaillen😍 I love their relationship. Brother and sister bonds are my fav. Okay byeee!