31

•Alex's POV•

Amber and I headed over to the water trampoline. Luckily, there was no one else in line. They were all waiting to go on the blob.

The blob is this big inflatable pillow-like thing where one person crawls to the end and sits down. Then another person jumps from a high distance, and their impact on the inflatable sends the person at the end flying. It looks so fun!

But first, we had an appointment with the trampoline.

We climbed up, which took a lot of work because the stupid ladder was attached. When Amber was finally able to get on, I felt like I was going to make the whole thing tip over with my weight as I struggled to climb up.

"Here, grab my hand!" she offered, extending her hand towards me.

I grasped her hand and pulled myself up with the other. Then I somersaulted onto the trampoline, knocking us both over. "Oops, sorry. Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," Amber replied.

We stood up, and my legs felt like Jello. They were so wobbly for some reason. But we started jumping up and down, and soon, the heaviness seemed to fade.

I did a backflip at random, and Amber acted all impressed. "Woo, impressive!" she exclaimed.

"Thank you," I said, taking a bow. I stumbled forward and fell flat on my face. Oops.

"Oh my gosh!" Amber cried, laughing hysterically. Then she cleared her throat. "I mean. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said, even though my knees were burning.

"Maybe we should do something else," she suggested.

"Yeah, maybe. Wanna try the blob?"

"Hmm...I don't know. It looks kinda scary."

"Oh, come on. It can't be that bad. Besides, I'm not that big. You won't go very far," I pointed out.

"Really? But you're like 300 pounds," she teased.

"Ha-ha, very funny. Now come on, scaredy pants."

"Oh, you're on!"

We jumped off the trampoline, making two big splashes. Then we swam over to the dock and climbed out of the water.

There was still a bit of a line for the blob, so we had to wait a few minutes. Amber was shivering from the cold, and I felt bad for her.

"Here, let me help," I said, pulling her into a hug. (Yeah, I know, smooth move.)

She shivered in my arms, her teeth chattering. I guess the water really got to her. Not that I minded...

Soon, it was our turn to go. "Here, I'll blob you first," I offered.

"Okay. I'm scared of heights anyway," she agreed. Then she jumped the short distance down onto the inflatable, and crawled out to the very end of it. I couldn't even see her from where I stood on the high platform.

The lifeguard signaled for me to go, so I jumped off the platform and sent Amber flying into the air. "Ahhhhh!" she screamed.

I fell to the side, plunging into the water. When she came around the side, she was smiling wide. "That. Was. AWESOME!" she exclaimed. "Let's do it again!"

I chuckled. "Okay, but we might have to wait a little bit."

"I don't mind."

So we climbed out of the water and waited in line to go again. By the time we were almost to the front, Hunter and Kaila had joined us. They wanted to try the blob too.

Once we had all gone, we decided to go paddle boating. Two people could fit side by side in one, so I went with Amber, and Hunter went with Kaila.

We paddled out to the middle of the lake, laughing because it wasn't working the way we wanted it to. We kept going in circles, or too far to the right. Finally, we just kinda gave up and sat in the paddle boat.

Her leg brushed up against mine, and her brown ponytail was slick against her neck. Our shoulders touched and I refused to pull away. I wanted to live in this moment forever.

"Alex?" she said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Would I be crazy to have a crush on you? After all that's happened between us?"

Her words are shocking to my ears, but in a good way. "You wouldn't be crazy."

"You think?"

"Well if you're crazy, then I'm crazy too. Because I've had a crush on you since the day we met. I never stopped."

"Are you serious?"

"One hundred perfect serious."

Her face broke into the biggest smile, and it was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. Finally, my secret was out. And I guess hers was too.