49

•Jordyn's POV•

"So, now that that's out of the way," Adam continued, "I wanna talk about the spiritual part in this."

I wanted to hear what he had to say, but I was only half listening. My heart was beating rapidly and I struggled to breathe normally.

Adam liked me.

Adam.

Liked.

Me.

I couldn't stop smiling.

- - -

•Adam's POV•

When I was done talking, Pastor Brett came up on stage and thanked me for sharing my story. "Oh, and, good luck with the girl," he added with a wink.

I blushed at the last part. "Thank you, sir." Then I headed back to my seat, which was next to Lincoln.

The session continued, and Pastor Brett spoke about Job and how he had to trust God when He allowed Satan to take everything from him. It was an interesting message.

When it was over, I weaved my way through the crowd to find Jordyn. I spotted the back of her brown ponytail, and came up behind her. "Hey," I said, touching her arm.

She turned to face me. "Hi." Her voice was different than usual. Her normal tone was kind of deep, but now it was faint and soft.

"So..."

"So..." she repeated. "That was some confession."

"Indeed."

"You really meant it?"

"Of course."

She grinned from ear to ear.

"Do you...like me too?" I asked.

"What do you think?" And with that, she pulled me in for a hug.

- - -
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I'll write more soonish. Also, shout-out to @iwritetoinspire, who gave me the idea to use Job's story for the session. Thanks love!