64

•Rain's POV•

I didn't see Emily until she walked in with Blake. They must've stopped to talk or something.

I noticed that Emily was smiling, but she also had tears in her eyes. What the heck happened?!

I made a mental note to ask her about it later.

Meanwhile, we had session. Tonight was about the story of baby Moses. His mom had to trust that God would protect him as she sent him off down the Nile river. How scary! I could never do that with my child.

When it was over, I pulled Emily aside to talk. I cut right to the chase. "What's going on with you and Blake?"

"Um. We talked."

"Girl, tell me everything!"

She laughed, and proceeded to tell me the story. When she was finished, I was practically in tears.

"Dude, are you crying?" she asked.

"No. Well, maybe just a little. I'm so happy for you!" We hugged, swaying back and forth.

"May I cut in?"

We broke apart, startled, to see that it was Lincoln. "Oh, hey," I said.

"Hey. What's all the excitement about?" he asked.

"I'll let Blake tell you."

He gave a knowing glance towards Emily. "I see. Now, how about that hug?"

I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug, squeezing him as tight as I could.

"Ah! I can't breathe!" he gasped.

"Whatever. You know you love me."

"Oh, this again?"

"You started it!" I insisted.

"Okay, okay, truce."

We shook on it.

- - -
A/N: Sorry for the short filler. I'm still dying from the last chapter! But anyways, the next chapter will probably be longer. So enjoy!