18

•Kaila's POV•

I woke up the next morning not knowing where I was. But as I looked around the room, I remembered.

I took a quick shower, braided my hair, and put on a red flannel and jean shorts. Then I put my glasses on and walked outside with the other girls.

We headed to the cafeteria. "Do you mind if we sit with Lincoln and Blake today?" Rain asked us.

"Sure, that's fine. We can sit with Hunter and Alex," I replied.

"Okay cool." She, Emily, and Jordyn disappeared, leaving me, Amber, and Kassie by ourselves.

"Do you want to sit with us, Kassie?" I asked.

"Um, it's okay. I don't want to intrude."

"You won't. The boys won't mind."

She still looked hesitant.

"Come on, I don't want you to sit all alone," I encouraged her.

"Well...okay." So she came and sat with Amber and me. After we'd gotten our food, of course.

The homemade biscuits and gravy were delicious! There were also sausage links, but those weren't as good.

Alex and Hunter joined us at our table when they came in. "Good morning, ladies," said Alex.

"Hey, guys. This is Kassie, one of our roommates," I replied.

"Hi," Kassie mumbled.

"Hi, Kassie."

"Nice to meet you," Hunter added, smiling. Ugh...that smile of his got me every time.

After breakfast, we went to the chapel, where they would announce the teams. I couldn't wait to find out who was on mine!