45

•Rain's POV•

We got in line, and when it was our turn, Lincoln paid for my orange sherbet ice cream. It was only $3.75, a small gesture; nonetheless, it was enough to make me smile.

There wasn't enough room for all of us to sit with Alex and the others, so Jordyn, Emily, Blake, and Adam went outside.

"Got room for two more?" I asked the group.

"Sure!" Kaila replied. "Just pull up some chairs." She scooted closer to Hunter, who scooted closer to Alex.

Lincoln and I dragged two chairs from another table over to theirs and we all sat down together. It was a little crowded, but nothing too unbearable.

"So how are you guys?" I asked.

I watched Hunter's eyes flicker over to Kaila as he said, "Good."

"This ice cream is so good, for such a small price," Amber commented.

"Yeah, I know right?" I agreed.

"Can I have a bite of yours?" Lincoln asked me.

"Um, no. You have your own."

"But it's not the same as yours," he insisted.

"So?"

"Come on, please? I'm the one who paid for it anyways."

"Ugh. Fine." I scooped out a sliver of orange sherbet and held my spoon to his lips.

"Hey, that's like a microscopic bite!"

"It's better than nothing, right?"

"Whatever," he said, and ate the ice cream off my spoon.

"There, happy?"

"Hmmm...not quite." Then he dug his spoon into my styrofoam dish and scooped out a huge spoonful! Before I could stop him, he ate the whole thing!

"Lincoln!" I scolded.

Everyone at the table laughed. Okay, maybe it was a little funny.

When we were finished eating, Lincoln and I got up and went outside to find our other friends. But when we got there, two of them were missing.

"Hey, where's Jordyn and Adam?" I asked.

"Hm?" Emily looked up at me from her seat on the wooden swing. She was sitting with Blake and didn't seem to notice that our friends were gone.

"Jordyn and Adam. Did you see where they went?" I repeated.

"No. I've just been sitting here," Emily replied.

"Hmm, that's strange." I raised my voice to a shout. "Jordyn?! Adam?!" But there was no answer. My face paled a little. They weren't supposed to be off on their own.

Where were they?