78

•Rain's POV•

The next morning went by pretty fast. All the girls in my room wore their John 3:16 sweatshirts, with jean shorts. Then we took pictures together and exchanged contact info.

Instead of games after breakfast, we had a morning session. It was a little different than the others. Instead of telling a story from the Bible, Pastor Brett told us of a personal experience where he'd had to trust God.

His daughter, who was only two, had leukemia when she was born. The doctors didn't know how they were going to treat her; and on Brett's income, he wasn't sure how he'd be able to pay for the surgeries and treatments.

"I prayed and fasted for a month, begging God to give us answers and to save our daughter," he said. "Finally, He showed up. A family in the church donated $100,000 to help us find a cure for Brianna's cancer, and to pay for any surgeries she would need. I was grateful to the family, no doubt, but I was even more thankful to God, for providing. Thanks to that family's sacrifice, and God's willingness to put that on their hearts, my daughter is alive today. And she's cured of the cancer. She's a perfect little two-year-old, thanks to God."

I couldn't believe it. I almost cried. It was such a beautiful story. I didn't even know Pastor Brett had a daughter! In fact, I didn't even know he was married! But I guess that would explain how he was always hanging around the female singer... She was probably his wife.

Anywho, after that, we were allowed to get our Encouragements. I couldn't wait to read mine on the bus later! But first, we had lunch and group pictures.

- - -

•Kaila's POV•

After the session, which was really interesting, we went to lunch. It was our last meal at Encounter Camp.

My friends and I sat with Rain and all them. We had to push two tables together, but that's okay.

We couldn't stop talking. We traded Instagram's and phone numbers, camp stories, and favorite memories.

By the time lunch was over, I was feeling really emotional. I didn't want to leave. Leaving would mean saying goodbye, and not just to Rain and my other roommates. It would also mean saying goodbye to Amber, Alex, and most importantly, Hunter.

Tears welled up in my eyes at the thought of leaving them. I wished we could have just one more day. But alas, it was time for pictures. Almost time for camp to be over.

I wiped away my tears and gathered with my team to take our team photo. I stood between Hunter and Emily, and smiled as brightly as possible. When that was over, the other teams took their team photos, and then we all took a few pics of the whole camp. One with smiles, one with silly faces.

Then came the dreaded goodbyes.

- - -
A/N: I'm saving the end for tomorrow...mostly because it's my bedtime, and also because I want to give you something to look forward to. So goodnight! I'll probably finish this tomorrow...😭😭